Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy New Year!!



After a rather lengthy summer vacation... it is back to work I go. I was pretty excited actually. . . it's hard having too much free time and sometimes I didn't know what to do with myself!

Now I definitely have things to do. . . a never ending list of things to do. . .

This post is for all those who always asked me what in the world I was doing at work those few days before I had to be there... like I could just show up the same day as the kids and be ready to go! Getting ready for the new school year is tremendously time consuming-- yet definitely worth it this year. I decided to go with a garden/bug/flower classroom theme... and I must say- its pretty adorable :)

Our word wall. . . the awesome fanoodle pencil I made this summer. . . and in the bottom left corner, our birthday garden.

A view of the back of the room. Middle board is not done. . . but the vision is sooo cute. . .can't wait to get it up!

Our reading corner (sorry bout the window)

And my desk where they mark if they are having home or school lunch for the day. :)


Molly was the best helping me make so much of this stuff this summer during her like one week visit home! So much more cuteness. . . these are just all the pictures I have taken so far. Definitely a winner in real life. . . maybe I will embark on making a short little video. ..

5 comments:

Randi said...

Shawna it looks so good. I almost doubted that room could look like this the first time I saw it :)

Bonnie said...

so cute shawn!! enjoy your new garden of kiddos

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

love it!! i think that would be the part of teaching i would enjoy - setting up the room.

Bryan and Molly said...

Looks just smashing Shawna - I am so impressed! I wish I could've been there to help set up - although it looks like you did a great job without me! Happy fourth day of the third grade!!

Terry and Gail said...

Anyone who has ever been to school cannot honestly say that teachers don't work hard. You try so hard so of course it is going to take a lot of time. It looks cute and reminds me of you. Kids need sunny personalities and you are definitely that. Sunny doesn't mean push-over. Lots of people who have sunny personalities just are happy to be alive and be able to do something. Good job, Shawna...and to Molly, I know she would have loved to have you help her set up. Setting up anything is alot more fun when you do it with someone you are comfortable with. Sometimes when I have to set something up with someone I am not really at ease with, it goes fast but I don't know if I am being too bossy or not decisive enough. But with sisters as tight as you two, it is easy to work together... when Lee and I work together even though we're mostly apart now, I know her enough to know she won't be offended if I make a decision or I won't be offended if she makes a decision. It simply makes the chore go faster and easier when I don't have to do all the thinking and the manual labor. Love, Aunt Gail