Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Better Late than Never. . .

Halloween and Nevada day are both on October 31st. Since kids always have Nevada Day off, and because it fell on Saturday this year, we were out for Friday as well . . . yay! So I decided to catch the Thursday night red eye flight to Indy for the weekend. I had a layover at some point and ended up in Indianapolis at about 8 in the morning. Molly and the boys greeted me at the airport and off to their house for the day we went. I decided that instead of fighting sleep all day and night, I should just catch a nap that day, and hopefully catch up on sleep a bit so I wouldn't be totally out of it for the rest of the weekend. So I pretty much slept through work Friday and had a pretty mellow night and off to an early bed we went. Then on Saturday morning, Molly and I went for a nice run outside, while Bryan hit the gym. We are in the midst of preparing for our first full marathon which occurs in less than a month, but with my knee problems, and the fact that I have been sick all month. . . I was only able to make it about four miles. . . geesh. . . I don't know what we are going to do!
Molly was nice to me anyway though and we went back to her house to discover no hot water--agh! When Bryan came home, the two of them attempted several times to fix it, but finally had to call the place because we were having no luck! Unfortunately, they do not consider no hot water in cold winter weather and emergency and said they couldn't come by to fix it til Monday. So Molly and I decided to immediately start boiling water so that we could mix it with cold water to make semi warm water to at least wash our hair in. Then we could take real real quick cold showers to do the rest of the washing.
So we got that all taken care of, got ready for the day, did some shopping, and made it back to the house for our Saturday night, Halloween festivities, which included Jack-O-Lantern pizza and decorating our haunted house. Both events turned out spectacular and we had a lovely Halloween- with only one trick or treater (so sad!)



Bryan told us that after we dyed our hair orange, we were not allowed to go to bed without washing it because he didn't want it all over the pillows and couches and stuff (which it had already started doing) so we went through the whole boiling water thing once again. Such a pain, but we definitely got better at it.
Overall, we had a fun weekend together. It's nice to just get away on occasion and visit with Molly and Bryan. Thanks guys for my Happy Halloween! :)

3 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

Cute post... I remember and am still remembering those days when the water heater poops out and the only shower you get is freezing. I know they say it is good for us to ocassionally take cold showers (and I am not talking about the reason you guys are thinking who are reading this)... in Finland and other Scandinavian countries, they hang out in the sauna and then run outside and roll naked in the snow...the people swear by its health benefits. But to me, hell is freezing not hot... I am so glad you have such a good sister and such a good and tolerant brother in law. Love, Aunt Gail (my verification word is punkplab- isn't that hilarious!!!)

Bonnie said...

Okay, I am SO dumb. . . when you guys told me you were making a haunted house, I asked you why and you said "oh just for fun!" I totally thought you were making a real haunted house. I envisioned blankets we used like when we made forts, painting your face with red nailpolish "blood," and the 3 of you taking turns scaring each other. I thought "WEIRD, but whatever floats their boat" I even told my friends my sisters were spending their night making a haunted house! DUH BONNIE!!! I feel like such a dweeb and am glad my sisters arent dweebie like I originally pictured :) LOVE YOU!!

BJ said...

I don't know if anyone has told you this before, but you look a LOT like you sister!

Anyway, I remember when I was pretty small, Randi was probably about 4-5 the gas line to Elko got damaged and the whole town didn't have gas for a few days in December. We went to church, they passed the sacrament and then the Bishop told us to go home. brrr!

cool house BTW