Saturday, January 3, 2009

Winter break comes to an end. . .

After a lengthy drive last night (an accident caused an hour and a half delay--yuck!), I am back in Vegas. I figured I best finish up my synopsis of my trip back home.
Two days after Christmas, one of my best friends, Jenae got married. Molly was asked to do her flowers, so for a few days, I was a little elf doing whatever Molly wanted of me. I mostly put flowers together to form a bouquet which Molly would fix up later, or design a centerpiece with the basic necessities and Molly once again would work on it to make it actually look presentable. Bonnie and Mom both did their parts as well. Molly is amazing at it though, and the flowers turned out SO pretty. The whole wedding reception was beautiful and Jenae was beautiful as well. The only picture I got of her was on my phone and I can't figure out how to make it not sideways. . . so I am not gonna post it. . . sorry!!





























Then a few days later was New Year's Eve!! Me, Molly, and Bonnie took her two kids, plus my nephew James, and Aub's friend Jamie to Legoland for the big New Year's Eve party. We were only there a few hours, but with four crazy little kids and A LOT of people, a couple of hours was plenty of time. They celebrated the new year with music and fireworks and the dropping of the giant lego brick (which we actually never saw) all at 6 pm. Though it was very early, it really felt like midnight! We were blowing horns and yelling and screaming and playing with glow swords, it was some fun times. Below are just a few pictures from there.


























































































Though we were somewhat tired and cranky after our adventures to Legoland, we continued the night by going to Islands to eat dinner. It was a long wait, so we got into a pretty exciting game of "Eye Spy" and even got other families to join with us. The food was yummy though and seemed to decrankify us for the most part.






























We finished off the night by going home and going in the spa, then playing wii til midnight. We broke into some apple cider and wore our "traditional" straw new year's hats. We sprayed some silly string outside and made some noise. It was quite the adventurous night!



































I love the beginning of the new year. I love making changes and "starting over" with certain things in my life. I have one new year's resolution that I am a little delayed in starting, but I can't wait to share with all of you once it is up and going. :) I hope that everyone had great holidays, that you had a great 2008, but will have an even better 2009!

2 comments:

Bryan and Molly said...

what is the resolution???

Bonnie said...

Yeah what resolution?? The sugar?? Did you eat sugar today??