Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me (And Molly)!

So now I am officially one year older. 26 seems like a pretty good age so I am pretty excited. My birthday was on a Tuesday, so on Monday night a little group of friends took me and another boy out because his birthday was that day. I didnt really know the chap all that well, but it turns out that he was turning 26 as well, we were both born in the 7 o'clock pms, we both had a twin sibling of the same gender (sister for me, brother for him--get it?) both of which are now married and living far away. Geesh. . . by the end of the night, it felt like we were meant to be quadrupalets! Anywhoo. . . we went to eat dinner and then went to the movies and it was just a really fun night. On Tuesday, my actual birthday, my other friend took me out to a fancy schmancy restaurant--definitely not a Kelly kind of place. . . but it was still fun, and made me feel important for the evening. :)
I randomly made it home to California that weekend as well. Little Cayden was in his first on stage production as an enchanted candlestick in the play "Beauty and the Beast." He was sooo adorable and dad even got a video of him doing his dance but unfortunately I don't have a copy of it. If I ever do get a copy. . . it will for sure be posted. But for now. . . you will just have to trust that it was super cute. Since I was home. . . we did a bit of the birthday thing as well. It was a super busy weekend, but they were sure to have yummy Marie Calendar's Chocolate pie waiting for me upon my arrival and my present wrapped and waiting. Dad took a picture of me with it, which again, I do not have. But the picture was basically a replica of the one posted below because, well, I lost my camera only weeks after Christmas so I got the exact same one for my birthday! Yay!

I will surely be more careful with this one! Thanks to everyone for all the birthday texts, and posts, and phone calls! It was a great day and I am happy that I have so many wonderful friends that were thinking of me! :)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

K so I was feeling a bit bummed with my present for you becasue I knew it was your twenty-FIFTH birthday and should be special. . . . haha, glad to know you really turned 26!! haha - guess I should have thrown together that extra special birthday present LAST year!! haha! Love you! Oh yeah I tried to post Cayds video but my lame computer wouldnt do it so I need to post from mom and dads house - such a bum!! But I second it, he was ADORABLE!!

Terry and Gail said...

How fun about your birthday party or should I say birthday parties...I love when birthdays last several days through several events. Happy Birthday to you. Love, Aunt Gail