Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I worked through Wednesday. So this year I decided that rather than rushing out of work, and fighting traffic all the way down, to wake up early and drive home on Thanksgiving day instead. It worked out great, and I arrived sometime around 9:30 in the am.

It was a pretty nice day outside, so Bonnie's family came over and we sat outside a bit.

Cayden decided to start up a game of Charades and got so involved in his first (and only) turn, that he had a little mishap with the (rather cold) swimming pool.

The party was then moved inside. Scott's family showed up and from there we basically just enjoyed some food all- day- long.




Sadly, we didn't do so hot with the picture taking this year. . . we did however, get the most important Kelly Thanksgiving photo. . .

afterall . . . it's tradition!

Which started a newer tradition. . .


And to continue with traditions. . .

We sent the kiddos (and the puppy) to bed and started out for some midnight black friday shopping adventures! I actually got some clothes out to wear but Bonnie said it was ok to go dressed as I was. It was shocking! So that is indeed how I looked leaving the house.

Our shopping adventures were eventful! We hit the few stores open from midnight until about 3 am. Us three girls got to lug this fatty heavy gift around a crowded store and parking lot and load it into the car. That was definitely some good times.

Before heading back home for a few hours of sleep, we stopped in at the donut store for tomorrow's breakfast! Which, we ended up eating before breakfast. :)

Bonnie and I got a few minutes of sleep, before we were up again before 7 to do it all over again with little Aubrey in tow, who wanted to experience the early morning shopping adventures for herself. We got a lot of stuff throughout the entire day and had a very successful day of shopping once again.

Though we had some fun times. . . I'm definitely glad that's done for another year.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

sister I cant help but thank you for putting a pile of horrible picts of me on your blog :) I love my sister haha . . . . but check out schott and rachel looking at me as I try to entertain them with my eating, poor sports grrr haha just kidding

Terry and Gail said...

Okay, so after Christmas you have to tell us what the heck was in that big box. I rarely do the black friday shopping stuff. I did a little this year but I didn't leave until 9AM which is, okay, early shopping for me. I am glad you had so much fun and I wish I had one of those doughnuts right now. They looked yummy. Love, Aunt Gail

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

always nice to see the whipped cream photo brings back the memories!
jody