Sunday, July 27, 2008

Not Bored Yet!

When I first agreed to come watch the kids for the summer, I feared that I would go crazy. Days would drag, we would spend every day the same way and that we would all be tired and cranky with each other by the end of summer. So I kind of pre-thought about things that we could do that would make our summer a bit more enjoyable and not so redundant. Afterall, it is summer break and I don't want the kids saying that they had a boring summer and did not do anything.
Anywho, I really have not felt that yet, with it now being July 27th, and I dont feel that the kids think that either. It is very seldom that we stay home all day and just play in the backyard (which is something I thought we would be doing a lot of, and now I am starting to miss).
We went to the beach twice this week, and sadly, I forgot my camera both times. We hit movie day and saw Nancy Drew, and hit Barnes and Noble story time as well. Mom took us on an errand to book our next family cruise (woohoo for Jan 23) it took much longer doing this than expected though, and me and the kids ended up walking to the library to get books, which is something they both love. Our "surprise" trip of the week was when we got to go to All Fired Up, which is basically a Color Me Mine wanna be. Its a nice place, but not nearly as good as my favorite little Provo store. Bonnie said that if I took her kids there, they each had to paint something "useful." She was not allowing anything that would clutter up the kids rooms, especially the tops of the dressers. It was hard getting Cayd to agree on a plate, he REALLY wanted to paint the snake shaped "knick knack holder" and I almost gave in, but he somehow did first. Below is a picture of their creations.



Dad, Cayden's grandpa, often refers to Cayden as CJ, so that is what he wrote on his plate.

Mom says that its hard enough to take the kids there and help them, so when she did it, she didnt even make one for herself. But I cant go in there and not make my own creation too! So below is my newest bowl. We get to pick them up Wednesday- so exciting!



Molly is coming to visit on Tuesday for a whole entire week! We are so very excited. Last night, after a trip to Chuck E Cheese and before we were hitting Cold Stone, Cayden makes some comment about me being his favorite aunt. Then he changed his mind because "Molly is just a little better." He tried to assure me that I come in at a very close second. It was a harsh reality to face. I guess I better swing into high gear for the remainder of the summer to become the "favorite aunt."

No comments: