Sunday, August 17, 2008

I've Moved!



This is me in front of my new hometown. It is bigger than it actually looks!

But a lot has happened in the weeks prior to my big move, so I better catch you up!

A few weeks ago Molly came into town. We did all sorts of fun things while she was here. We went swimming and worked on her tan(she was practically an albino before coming!), we hit the beach, went out to eat (of course!), went bowling, and just goofed around home quite a bit. She was quite the entertainer for the week so I captured a few of her many silly moments . . .



At dinner one night Molly told the kids of the good ole days when mom used to take us toilet papering. We tried to convince Bonnie to let us take the kids for their first experience but she said absolutely not. Molly wouldnt drop it however and on the way home from dinner (wearing Aubs cute glasses I might add) her and Cayd began chanting some silly rhyme about going to vons to buy toilet paper. As you can see, Cayd got quite into it!



At the beach, Molly discovered some old gross seaweed. Feeling a bit bored I guess, she bargained with us that she would chew through the seaweed for a mere five bucks. We took that offer, of course, and got to witness her bite open the crusted thing. She would not however, swallow it for ten.

Molly and I ended up leaving town on the same day. She flew back to Indiana, I drove up North to Las Vegas to prepare for my big move. It was a good trip. Saw the house I would be living in, met the girls I would be living with, got a job (wahoo) and saw my friend Chris who was moving out of Las Vegas the same day I was basically moving in.
Then I continued north to Provo to collect the last of my belongings, and to say good bye to some of my friends. I headed down to LV for a few more days, then back to California, all in about a weeks time. It was a fun, rather tiring, and somewhat sad trip to make.
I was home for a few more days, before having to unexpectedly come back to Vegas a little earlier than anticipated. I got a kind of indefinite job teaching first grade here at a school so unbelievably close to where I live that it really could not have worked out any better. But I had some paperwork that needed to be done and had to be done here and today. It was a stressful time, I will admit, I learned I had to leave California sometime around 8:45 in the morning, and was on the road by 10:30 am after packing my belongings, some of my classroom crap, getting the kids taken care of, and on top of that, finding their lost dog. But I made it, and for the most part, am happy to be here. The day before I left me and mom got to squeeze in another trip to Legoland (it was her first time!) where we got a cute picture of them eating their different colored ice cream cones, and me in front of my new home town. (Yep- that picture at the top is not the REAL Vegas- fooled you!) :)

No comments: