Monday, September 15, 2008

Update. . .

This last Thursday I started feeling a little sickness coming on and by Friday morning was pretty much feeling out of it. I guzzled some medicine I found under my sink to later discover was a night time medicine (nice Shawna). I wasnt feeling exactly up for going to work, but it was my last day with my little first graders, I am officially the "sub" so I have no idea how a sub calls in for a sub, and usually making sub plans is far worse than actually going to work, so I sucked it up and went. It was a really looong day. I was feeling so crummy by lunch time, I went home and took more of my nyquil (it was all I had) and went back to try to make it through the day. I thought it would be ok, afterall, its not like I am laying around all day, but I didnt realize I could get so sleepy and tired standing up in front of a bunch of six year olds! Somehow I made it though. It was very sad, they didnt know that it was my last day and it didnt seem fair that I couldnt tell them, but I followed the rules and fed them the same ole lines "see ya in a few weeks!" (they are off on track break for the next three weeks) Little did they know that they will NOT be seeing me. So sad.



Then I basically slept through the weekend feeling like sickness. By Sunday I was feeling better though so that made me happy. :) <----- Happy Shawna. Today I got to go back to the school to start cleaning out a classroom that I swear I just put together! (Maybe thats because I DID just put it together!) I also got to go and visit with my friend Becky, and we got to go to Cafe Rio- YES! I love Cafe Rio but I am sad to announce that Cafe Rio is not nearly as great as it is in Utah. In Utah you eat half of a burrito and are stuffed to the brim so then you get leftovers the next day (or a midnight snack that night if you cant wait for the next day!) Here however, the burritos will stuff you to the brim as long as you eat the whole thing which is a major bummer because the leftovers were part of the happiness that came from Cafe Rio!

Basically, as you can tell from this rather short post, it was not the most exciting week. Good news though- I leave for Indiana on WEDNESDAY! YAY! I will have way fun pictures of that upon my return. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What could be more exciting than cafe rio? I don't think anything at all! I hope you are having lots of fun. I look forward to hearing what famous person you saw. Did you see them in the airport???? Ciao

Ryan said...

You have a blog? cool.

Hey, you should be thankful you actually have a cafe rio.