Saturday, September 6, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons. . . .

The title of my post might make one think this is going to be inspirational. . . about turning crappy issues into something good, If that is the case, then you better stop reading now. . . :)

First off, I would like to mention that I am somewhat bummed that I havent had any pictures to share on my blog for the past few posts. I mean, Nothing in my life these days have really been that "camera worthy," but I do have a few future events coming shortly that will definitely require some kodak moments, so please stay tuned. Til then though, you will have to deal with a lack of pictures.

This week has definitely not been put on my list of all time great weeks. I have had issues with a good friend of mine leaving us on non speaking terms for basically an indefinite period of time. I dont usually like to put the "personal" like "relationship" crap on my blog but I wont go into too many details. I just never knew the "staying friends" part of a broken relationship could be so rough. And after this week, I guess I can honestly say I dont recommend the challenge. Enough said with that.

Today I also found out that my little temporary substitute job, was indeed just a temporary job. The school did not meet its projected numbers, it was WAY low actually, and have to cut people back. Going into this job, I knew this was a possibility, but the people said that schools NEVER don't make their projected numbers. This year was just a sporadic year apparently so after next week I will be done with my little first grade class. They are fun, cute kids, and I will be honest to say it took me a few days to get used to the whole first grade bit, but I was getting into the swing of things and learning how things worked around the campus and was feeling somewhat not out of place anymore . . . they are real nice about it, said they would give me excellent recommendations, blah blah, blah.

Things I will not miss about first grade. . .
1. Kids sporadic and tiny bladders
2. Tying shoelaces
3. Buckling belts. Parents, please dont put kids in belts if they dont know how to use them!

Besides the fact that I am poorer than poor (I am not sure WHEN I even recieve my first paycheck), things just dont seem to be going my way. I really like this city, I like the people I have met, I love the location of where I am at, but now I am really unsure of what I am supposed to be doing. I feel like a little lost person in a very big city. Maybe being an adult is harder than I thought it would be. . .

I was actually handling life's problems pretty decently this week until tonight when I was driving to a friend's house who happens to be WAY across the city from me. I guess I had too much "Shawna think time" and I kind of had a moment of pity me time. I am not sure if I am out of it yet. . . ask me tomorrow.

On higher notes, Bonnie talked me into running a half marathon with her (yes, that is a higher note). We are doing the Las Vegas 1/2 marathon this December! It forces me back to the gym, and I get to look forward to a trip up here from my sis! Also I talked mom into flying out to Indiana with me to visit Molly. The best kind of trip is the unplanned trips. Now I only have to wait for one and a half weeks! And what better timing could I get then two hours before purchasing the tickets- finding out I was out of a job!

So what does one do when life gives us lemons? Get mom to buy us a pity vacation!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am totally excited you are running the half marathon. I can't wait to come and cheer you on! How exciting will that be!!!