Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Indiana!!

Caution: If your eyes are tired at all and not prepared to read a somewhat long post, then I recommend you getting a little rest, and coming back at a later time. As you have read from the title, this is my Indiana post and when one spends almost a week long vacation with her sister and mom with a camera in tow, then we have much to blog about. So I hope you enjoy the trip at you relive it with me. :)

Molly and Bryan have recently moved to the small city of Plainfield, Indiana. It is just a ways away from Indianapolis where they were residing previously. It is a cute little city with more than one water tower with the city name printed on it. Who can pass up a kodak moment of a watertower with the city name on it? not us! So here we are!


Bryan picked us up from the airport when we arrived while Molly was at work. Molly later confided in us that Bryan was nervous about being home with us when she wasn't there. He had asked her what he should do with us, if he was supposed to take us anywhere, feed us, pull out the snack bucket for us etc? What a silly boy he is! :) He did just fine without Molly there to help him out!

But after day one, Bryan left for a couple day trip so it was just mom and the girls! We did the typical girl stuff, chatted, watched a nice Lifetime movie, and went clothes shopping. We also went on a hike on the paths that surround Molly and Bryan's house which by the way, they are very proud of. So below are a few pictures of the three of us on the cute path. Oh yes, and I am sporting my new shirt mom purchased for me to help me feel like I fit in a little better. Go Colts!





After Bryan came back we got to do more of the "city tour" stuff. We began with the world famous (I think it's world famous) Indy 500 racetrack. Not only did we get go on the inside of the track and run around on the grassy knolls, but we got to ride around the actual race track! No- it wasnt in a cool little speedy car, it was a big slow bus driven by an old man, but it was still a most excellent 2.5 miles! The picture below is of the four of us on our amazing tour bus.




This picture is of us "driving" past the score board off of the race track.



Us in front of a nice fountain :)



Before looking at this pic please just think about this. The four of us went around to so many sporadic places and we went through the whole ordeal of setting up the self timer on the camera, running to join the picture, just to discover that someone blinked or the camera was aimed funny. By this time, I was getting pretty tired of taking pictures, so I started making silly pictures just to ruin them. After this one was taken Molly said that it was our keeper because I was being a tird on purpose. I guess I can deal with that. :)



Ever since me and mom decided to go on this little trip, Molly has been planning and planning and planning our trip to the little canal to ride the paddle boats! So we get there, and paddle around for ten minutes or so, then everyone totally starts complaining about how exhausting it was! I mean, I was stuck on this dang paddle boat with a bunch of WIMPS for a whole entire HOUR! Im just teasing, it was tough work, and they did complain, but it was still a very fun time and we got lots of great pictures out of it! Nothing to complain about that!



"Do not climb the elephants." Well, we did climb the elephants, and we got some fantastic pictures out of it! Yeah, for random elephant statues chillin on the sides of canals! :)



Anybody see House Bunny yet? When I watched the movie I remember wondering, "When in the world does steam come out of manholes?" In Indiana! That's where! I mean, we have man holes in California, and Utah, and Las Vegas, but I have never seen steam coming out of them like they did here! And who wouldnt kodak moment THAT?



Us in front of a big monument of some sort. I really have nothing to say about this photo. . . sorry. . .



For the rest of the time, we spent a lot of our time at Molly and Bryan's house just hanging out. A few highlights:
1) Mom teaching us the new game Thump Thump (much fun! See pic below. . .)
2) The food: It is quite ironic I have decided that we eat so much on vacations, I mean, our schedules typically revolved around what we were eating that day (Im not kidding- sad huh?) yet we got no real kodak moments of our most excellent snacking this trip. We actually made some yummy meals together, hit a few yummy places, and snacked on Ice cream -lovingly referred to as "gonash" these days, and tots and mini chimis almost nightly. I had to often take breaks from whatever we were doing to lay on the couch til my tummy ache went away. Oh the joys of good eats! :)

Ok- so those are the only two I can think of. But they were two things we did A LOT of while out there, so definitely had to be mentioned.



On our last day there, just hours before our plane was to depart, we were sitting around to a roudy game of Thump Thump, listening to some tunes on the tv, when we discovered that you can text message a message to the tv station and they will put your text on the tv! Awesome! So we did it of course- twice actually, and ta da. . . kodak moment! Can a trip end any better than that?



Oh yes- and one last thing to note. I shared a tram at the airport with Billy Bob Thornton! And that is my new claim to fame! :)

3 comments:

Debi said...

Iloved all of your pics and explanations. It looks like you had a great time. I am glad you got to go to Indiana and spend time with Molly, Bryan, and your mom. Keep up the nice blog work! Debi

Randi said...

Shawna you look so cute in all of these pictures I am not sure if we can be friends anymore :) I am glad you had a good time and sad there are no pictures of you eating.

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Long? Whatever do you mean?

Tate