Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!

Yesterday (Wednesday) kids didn't come to school because of parent teacher conferences- bleh. During the day, it began to snow again. I finished up around 3 oclock and left rather than staying to get stuff done. The roads were not terrible but they were starting to get snowy and It was kind of a scary drive home. (Brought back scary memories of commuting to work in Utah). I got home and figured I would be there for the night even though I had so much shopping and things I needed to get done before this Friday.

Anywho. . .around 10pm that night I got a text from a girl that said schools had been closed for the following day! I looked it up on the district website just to check, and sure enough- school had been canceled! I was so way excited. Up in Utah we NEVER got snow days even though sometimes we got terrible amounts of snow! So I woke up this morning to see a beautiful blue sky and all our snow melting away. At 8:50 in the morning I had a bit of a scare when I received a phone call from my school. I feared that they had changed their mind because there wasn't any snow left and now I was late for work! But it was just a friendly reminder that school had been canceled for the day-- phew!! I spent the day shopping, and taking care of my first speeding ticket. I got the ticket last month and because i had recently switched my insurance, I didn't have that proof with me. So instead of just paying online for the dang thing, I had to go to the courthouse. What a pain in the butt it was and so many scary yucky people were there, definitely makes me want to be a more responsible driver. . . besides the hefty $200 fine!

So- I had a most productive day and got all my errands done. Now we go back to school tomorrow and then off for Christmas break! Hard week I tell ya. . . Haha- my first snow day in Las Vegas-- who would've guessed!?

No comments: