Monday, December 1, 2008

DUH SHAWNA

I moved into my new house exactly one month ago to the day. Needless to say, there have been issues getting "settled in." Because the house has been recently bought after it was foreclosed on, many utility type places have been dragging their heals in getting us what we need because they were not paid for on this house in the past. . . namely the internet, which I still dont have. Another thing however, was my bathroom light. My bedroom has it's own bathroom and when I moved in, I discovered the light in the bathroom didnt work. I changed a few lightbulbs, but still nothing. Mom said that the circuit might have just been tripped but I couldnt get the dumb box open to even check. The week after I moved in, I went to CA for the weekend and while I was gone, my roommate's friend looked at the circuit box and got it back on so when I got home at the end of my weekend, I flipped the switch to discover there was a fan in the bathroom, yet still no lights! The girl that owns the house keeps saying she will have someone take a look, but since then I have just stuck a small lamp into my bathroom and have been dealing with that way, for a MONTH. Showering and doing most stuff in the semi dark has been fine. . . I will admit that I probably walk out of the house pretty regularly looking like crap though because I put my make up on in the semi dark as well... anyway, last night, I was laying on my bed, just thinking about how I have been living here a month and I am still having issues like this. I turned and looked at the bathroom (the small lamp shining not so brightly) and I focused my eyes on a light switch OUTSIDE of the bathroom door. I lay there a second, wondering what in the world that switch would be for. . . and it dawned on me. I swear if that is the bathroom light I am going to hurt myself! Well. . . sure enough. . . click went the switch, and click went on the bathroom lights! I dont know why I never noticed the switch before. . . I dont know why they would put the fan on a switch inside the bathroom while the lights are on a switch outside of the bathroom. . . but either way I feel like an absolute moron. The good news however... I finally now have lights in my bathroom!

2 comments:

The Short Family said...

I would have never figured that out either.

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

haha That's absolutely hilarious. Although I will say that whoever set up that system was DUMB! Why would they put the bathroom lights on the outside of the bathroom? Totally lame. But it's also totally funny that you went so long without flipping one of the switches in your bedroom to find out what it was for. :)
Tate