Monday, August 31, 2009

Indiana Again?!?

Yes it is true! I came back to LV for a week because I had some required teacher work days when I had to obviously, be at work! The first day was really stressful because we had to meet at the bowling alley, bowl two rounds, go to a two hour lunch, come back and bowl two more games, then the day was over! It was kind of a "get to know the staff day" and somehow they related teaching to bowling. . . .it was a stretch. . . but it worked! Throughout the rest of the week I got settled into my new classroom and believe me. . . it now looks awesome!
This year our school has swapped over to a year round schedule. If one doesnt know how that works . .. we basically go to a 60 (school) days on... 15 (school) days off schedule, for the whole entire year. Our school is split into a five track system and we stagger start the year. So the following Monday after our work week, was the first day of school. But Track 1 was the first track that is "off" track and thus started their 15 days off! On September 14, track one comes back, and track 2 now has the break. When they come back, track 3 now has the break. And it just keeps repeating! Get it?? Well. .. if you havent figured it out yet. . . I am teaching on track 1 meaning that I don't start school for another 3 weeks!

So I got home on Friday night of that week and was wondering, "what in the world am I gonna do for the next three weeks?" Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having time off . .. but its hard to really have much fun when everyone else is working by day. So I came to the perfect conclusion. .. I would fly out to Indy.. and visit with my sister! I can just go to work with her by day, and we can hang out at nights because Bryan is rarely home weekdays anyway. That way we can both spend our alone time together! So that is exactly what I did!!

We went to work by day... so here are some pictures of the cute little boys I got to hang with all week!

Playing in the sprinklers


Walking our carrots out to feed the neighbor horse


Feeding the horses!


Can you tell this child was not exactly fond of the horse??


The negative part of the work week? Back to the 6 am alarm clock! On Friday morning however, Molly came into my room to tell me the power had gone out . I was impressed when she left me with my very own flashlight. . wow way to be prepared for an emergency! Unfortunately, we discovered that they are not completely prepared for an emergency. My flashlight kept going out and they had no spare batteries. The emergency lamp they own has not been charged so that was a failure as well, and they have no candles! I give this drill a D plus! Not saying I would do much better at my own home. . . I don't think I even have a sporadic working flashlight! Something we best all work on I guess!
Anywho. . . the cars were parked in the garage so Molly and Bryan had to go discover how to open it manually-- success!


That day Bryan was home so he came to work with us. Three adults, plus three little boys, made for a perfect day to attempt the zoo!!





Obviously we didn't get a ton of pictures with the actual animals. When we were parked by the animals all the pictures end up being of the back of heads because these little boys have yet to be trained that kodak moments are more important than the actual trip! Besides, Molly and I have the same fondness of the zoo as each other, which is basically zero fondness! I believe Molly even grumbled something about "this is why I HATE the zoo!" prob no more than five minutes into the day!

This picture is proof that we did actually take the boys out on occasion to see the animals. But when you are one on one with the little monkeys its hard to get a good picture when they aren't strapped in somewhere!

Overall it was a fabulous visit. We didn't do anything spectacular, but it was a nice way to spend a week just hanging out with my sis. We did squeeze some shopping in (see a few posts back), hit the movies (Post Grad-- soo funny!), ate a lot, tried to run that off, and had a week long running game of Skip Bo (which I remain the master of)!
And last but not least, I have become an official snob and refuse to ride in anything but first class these days. It's AWESOME!! Thanks Bryan! And thanks Molly for my great visit!

3 comments:

Bryan and Molly said...

D+?!? You have got to be kidding me! We both were able to get ready for work without power - that should count for something! C- atleast!

Bonnie said...

haha - I have yet to heard of all the Indiana adventures - guess we have 1 hour, 59 minutes and 59 seconds to get caught up :) See ya in a couple days sis

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

sounds like fun! i wish my brother in law could hook me up with flights to see my sisters. too bad i don't have any other sisters left to marry a pilot. well, i guess i can hope steve marries a female pilot. :)
jody