Saturday, August 8, 2009

Always a time to Celebrate!

One day I got a call from Bonnie while she was at work telling me that she had just heard on the radio that it was officially National Lasagna Day. What else do you do on National Lasagna Day then eat lasagna? So that is what we did! We whipped up a lasagna and had it for dinner, so obviously we snapped a photo of our meal, afterall, no "real" holiday is ever celebrated without a few kodak moments right?

*July 29-- National Lasagna Day*


So the next day, I get yet another phone call. National Cheese Cake day Shawna! So... you probably guessed it...

*July 30- National Cheesecake Day*

Of course after that we were all gung ho about this whole weird holiday celebration thing so we decided to google a "silly holiday calendar." Sure enough, there is a random holiday for probably every day of the year!! Who comes up with these kind of things? You got me! And what makes them really "official?" Nobody probably knows! Though we were pretty bummed to have missed out on "Walk your Houseplants Day" just weeks earlier, we still decided to attempt to celebrate a silly holiday EVERYDAY! I mean, how can life not be great when you get to celebrate something everyday?!?

Unfortunately, I guess our excitement was blown on lasagna and cheesecake, because the next day we let it slide, and then, we never picked the tradition back up! The only other holiday I remember seeing as I eyed the August calendar was National Twin Day and I was super excited because it fell on a day that me and Molly were gonna be in town together. So that day-- I remembered-- and we got a picture (We weren't really sure what else you actually DO on Twin Day).

*National Twin Day-- August 7*

After writing this blog I was reinspired to look at the silly celebration calendar-- August 8th. . . Sneak some zucchini onto your neighbor's porch night. . . . Not much time. . . I'd better run!!!

3 comments:

Bryan and Molly said...

HAHAHA so funny! What a silly Day is August 8th! Im starting the tradition myself tomorrow so I hope it is a good one! p.s. writing this from an airplane! So cool!

Bonnie said...

Remember our silly celebrations?? Oh wait - you just blogged about it!! We are dweebs!! Hey, I like the word Dweeb over geek. . . what about you??

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

you guys make me laugh!!! ps where are pictures from the river trip? any crazy adventures? i haven't seen a post on it from anyone yet. i figured you would be the first. :)
jody