Saturday, May 22, 2010

Soggy Shawna

A few weeks ago, a girl from work invited me to do the Mad Mud Run with her. Basically a four mile run that had "boot camp like" obstacles spread out along the way, including a mud pit to crawl thru. Of course I was in! The run was beginning and ending at a park directly across the street from my work. On Friday I was pulling up to work and there was this huge dirt truck in front of me taking up like the whole road. Hello. . . get outta the way! So annoying. . . then it dawned on me that this truck must be holding the mud (dirt) for my mud run the next day! So then I wasn't so annoyed. :)

The event was much smaller than I anticipated. . . which was nice. They started us off in heats, five minutes apart. We began by running through a grass field where they armed the spectators with water guns and hoses, And someone even had a fire hose hooked to the hydrant! Then we had a couple mile run uphill. Our first "obstacle" was a couple of bales of hay we had to climb over. After that, a "hill run" which was basically a rocky little mountain. Then we hit the balance beams. The final obstacle was supposed to be a 6-foot wall to climb over, but that had to be removed because of the wind, so the back up obstacle was a "water wall." They basically had a water truck out there that hosed us down as we ran by. Then the finale. . . the mud pit of course! I don't know if it really should have been labeled a mud pit. . . water crawl might be more appropriate. Cuz that's what it was, some really dirty water.
>
I personally didn't have any fans, so pictures were not taken, but we did take a picture at the beginning, so we could take an "after" picture at the end.


Ha-- who knew they would look almost exactly the same way! I thought I would be covered in a little bit of mud!! Oh well-- it was a fun little event that got my bum out of bed this morning, so no complaining there!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

totally cool . . . glad you didnt get too dirty!! Who is the girl?

Terry and Gail said...

Well, maybe next year they will beef up the obstacles and "mess makers make better pictures" stuff. Looks like a fun day. If we would have tried to do that here the last few week ends all the water would have turned to ice. Still pretty much winter here and it is getting a little old. Love, Aunt Gail

The Short Family said...

So fun. I am disappointed you didn't get more dirty too.