Saturday, August 21, 2010

My last summer adventure (probably)

After a failed attempt to Indiana last week, I thought I best try it again this week. . .afterall, I start back to work NEXT WEEK! Couldn't give up my last chance to go for a couple of months! So I packed up my stuff once again (carry on only this time- last week my luggage went without me!), and headed out to try to hop my midnight flight to Indiana. SUCCESS! I had a layover in Cincinatti which ended up getting delayed a bit, so I ultimately arrived in Indiana about 11 in the am. Molly and the kiddos picked me up from the airport, then it was off for some lunch, and then home just in time for the boys nap (mine too of course. . . afterall- I basically missed my bedtime last night).
That night Molly and I laid around and watched tv because I was still pretty exhausted and it was still a work night of course.
The next morning came WAY too soon, but I dragged myself up and survived a pretty relaxing day of playing at the park and hanging out.

After work, Molly and I grabbed some dinner then headed to the movies and saw "The Switch," which was super funny.
Bryan got home that night as well, so the next day we enjoyed a trip to Red Robin for lunch, a little ceramic place to make plates afterwards, then finished up with a trip to Red Mango, a frozen yogurt joint which I really wasn't too impressed with. :(


Yup- that's me and Bry making plates. Molly and Bryan kind of made one together, Bryan was the official cutter of the glass until Molly started feeling sick so Bryan kindly finished up her glueing as well.

It was a super fun trip, Molly and I always have a good time together. Probably MUCH to everyone's surprise, we are quite similar to each other in many ways, and understand each other different than any one else. So it is usually quite the adventure doing even the smallest of things like shopping, or making projects, or just deciding where and what we are going to eat for lunch. The man with the giant soda mug in the gas station hit it right on the spot when he told us "the only thing different about you sisters is your hair." Oh how right he is.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

ummm and that only one sista has a baby in their belly :) btw. . . whad up with the plates? I am confused