Tuesday, September 20, 2011

an apple for the teacher

Today a little biddy boy in my class came walking in with a pretty nice sized box. It looked heavy. In fact, it was heavy. He handed it to me explaining that it was a present from him and his mom.
pictures don't really do it justice. . . it's quite large

I open it up expecting to find some freshly picked apples? Afterall, it is an apple box. . . a very heavy apple box. . .

Nope, not apples!

Somehow word had gotten around that my favorite candies are reeses peanut butter cups.

I got everything under the sun in reeses cups. A shirt, stuffed animal, baking mix, cereal, white chocolate, dark chocolate, snack size, king size, mini size. . . etc etc etc.

It was quite the surprise. . . and completely made my day!

I have been so busy playing summer catch up on my blog though still not done that I have not even mentioned this school year yet. We are three weeks in and I really think I might have one of the best classes ever. No, not because they bring me some WAY nice presents, but because they really are a very sweet bunch of little 3rd graders. We have harder days than others boys will be boys but they are seriously some of the nicest kids you can come across.

I am really looking forward to this year . . . it is going to be great! and yummy too!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

that is SO awesome :)

Jim and Lee said...

I knew I should have been a teacher!

Stacie said...

I think I just drooled a little when I saw all that chocolate! I LOVE peanut butter cups. Yum!

Randi said...

I am definitely in the wrong profession! How were you so lucky to get such a generous student? Enjoy all of the chocolate, but I don't recommend eating it all in one sitting :)

Terry and Gail said...

Well that deserves an "A" in something... how about Social Studies? Love, aunt Gail