Friday, December 2, 2011

I'm officially a "Lousy Bowler"

One day, back in August, I decided that I wanted to join a bowling league. So I did some texting and got some friends together and . . .

Team INCREDIBOWLS was born!

The first words that popped into my head on day one of league bowling were "white trash." It was nothing like my beloved BYU bowling league memories. I was ashamed that I had suckered three friends into committing to this with me. The first team we bowled against were pretty much scary looking and I honestly wondered how these people could even afford the $20 weekly fee besides all that beer they were guzzling. But they ended up being super friendly and helpful in how the league ran (obviously they were not newcomers like us). And by the end of the evening, I was getting a little more excited to go back the following week (though not completely).

As it turns out, the first team we played against were definitely the weirdest. . . believe it or not, several of the other teams actually seem somewhat normal. Or at least- not too scary.

We actually joined a 4-man team league but due to unfortunate circumstances (like Shawna being mean), one of our team members quit just a few weeks into the league. Of course, it was annoying, but we have hardly had any problems finding someone each week to step in for the night. As this 13 week session comes to a close, and the January session nears, I do find myself getting a bit nervous though. Afterall, we have had some excellent and most helpful substitutes over the past few weeks, but I am not sure that any of them are yet quite dedicated enough to commit the next 13 Tuesdays of their lives to the Redrock Bowling Alley.

The rest of my team are definitely in it for the long haul though. Its an unspoken vibe that I get (or maybe its because BJ went and bought a pair of his own bowling shoes and Holly has told me that a bowling ball has made it onto her Christmas list).


5 comments:

Bonnie said...

your bowling pose picture is super cute. If I wasnt playing softball tuesday nights I would totally make the trek up there each week lol

Debi said...

You are too stinkin cute! I think it would take me too long to make it there but if I am ever close enough, I am totally in! Love ya!

Terry and Gail said...

What a smart idea of you to be on a bowling team. It is just a fun idea... I hope you can find another committed team memeber. Love, Aunt Gail

Unknown said...

Go for it bowling is a great game.
on behalf of Stirring Trouble Internationally I wish you all the best and good luck with the bowling.

denke said...

good luck