Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not that bad. . .

Now that I am a little less frustrated and cranky, its time to mention the good things that have happened since my move. First, I have actually met quite a few fun people to hang out with here and there. I mean, its not like I have a new best friend yet or anything like that, but I keep myself pretty occupied for the most part. One concern in moving was that I would no know anyone and be sitting home on my butt every night. But it has been quite to the contrary and I somewhat enjoy those nights of sitting at home to do nothing.

I started work this week as well. I have 13 kids in my tiny little class. No, thats not normal, and those kind of numbers is what worries me that this is going to be a not so permanent job. But for now I will keep my hopes up and just trudge on. The beginning of a school year always wears me out. I dont consider myself a lazy person during the summers but being on my feet all day is very tiring for the first few days back in the new school year. Its a fun school, nice people, but it runs so differently than the schools did in Utah. I am not gonna bore you with details but basically, its very different. The kids are cute though and as of the third day of school I am already "the best teacher in the whole world." One boy comments on how nice my clothes are every day and tells me I am pretty. Haha, if only boys my age could be more like 6 year olds! Maybe thats why I teach little kids, it definitely is a little self-esteem booster every day.

My friend Becky moved down this past weekend as well. It will be nice to have a familiar face available when needed, even though it does take a whoppin 45 minutes just to get to her house! Hopefully we will find a nice hang out spot somewhere in the middle. Molly came to visit for like a day as well. She was here less than 24 hours which is kind of a bummer though. We did hit the slots and had a grand time with that. We also saw the movie House Bunny- so funny! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully she can come back soon and stay just a tad bit longer. I will admit that I was quite bummed when she actually got on a flight out of here, I was hoping she would get stuck for an extra day or two. Good news is that my job (if I keep it that is) is year round, and my official "off track" time is in three weeks! I really want to go and visit the fam for a few days and the sis a few days but frankly, at the beginning of a new school year, I am always dirt poor. So the trip out to Indiana will prob have to wait a while. Who knows if I can even afford the gas to get to California! But- in the long run, the lack of money thing rarely stops my sporadic spending sprees, so I will say all plans of take-off are pretty much still a go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey chickadaee sounds like things are ging pretty well! We totally should get together sometime soon! TTYL!