Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm Back!

Whoa. . . I know, I know, it's been a while! I probably don't even have to give my usual explanation, but yeah- still no internet! I have gone almost a month without it and frankly, it has not gotten easier. I have my sister checking email for me, and have used other people's while chillin at their homes, but basically I have just gone without. If you wouldn't mind crossing your fingers for me. . . I am hoping that when I get back home this Sunday, the internet issue will be cleared up. We will see!
So now it is time to udate everyone on my life because I KNOW you have missed hearing all about it! Ok- in all honesty, it's going to be a short update because things have currently not been super exciting in the life of Shawna. Basically I work by day and play by night. That's all the info we really need for now. . . :)

I came home to California on Wednesday after school. I have always had the day off of work or school the day before Thanksgiving so it was different having to be at work that day. I had a whoppin 9 kids in class. . . basically made for a pointless day to get anything of value done. Oh well. . the kids that were there seemed to enjoy the randomness the day brought. We did a lot of art and had a lot of "do whatever we want" time. It was also a super rainy day so the kids were basically bouncing off the walls. Haha. . . it has been getting dark so early as it is but when I actually let them out at 3:10 in the afternoon several of them accused me of letting them out later than normal because it was extremely dark for the afternoon. Like I was going to hold them in longer than normal on a day like that!
Anywhoo- I left for California pretty much immediately. I have driven that drive so much these days that it is actually starting to ware on me a bit. It was rainy and dark and wet from the beginning of the trip and the roads were insanely busy for the holiday so it was defintely a slower trip. . . but I made it!

We had ThÄnksgiving at home home with just the little family.




Afterwards, we did our "whipped cream" picture. There are only few of us left remaining strong in this tradition but we will keep it alive. Molly and Bryan couldn't make it here this year so that was sad but it was still a good day.


Bonnie has kept me up on the running thing. I actually just realized today that our half marathon is exactly one week from tomorrow! For some reason I had it in my mind that it was TWO weeks away, but I was definitely off the mark there. Oh well. . . the last few days I have felt great when running, still have to do five miles today. . . bleh. . .but no worries. . . I think I will make it!

We planned on doing our black friday shopping adventures starting at 2 am, but due to circumstances, we actually didnt get out the door til after 8:30am! We took a picture with no lights on in hopes of making it look like we left really early. . . either way it's the one day of the year that you can really go shopping without actually cutifying ourselves for going out. Even if we didn't get up at 2 am, there is no reason that others shouldnt believe that we did!


Bon, Aubs, and I went together and were out for a good portion of the day with no crankiness arising whatsoever (Me and Aubs are not the biggest shoppers)! So all in all it was a good day. We spent WAY too much money only to discover that no Christmas presents were even bought. . .me and Bon just had a shopping day for ourselves. We tried on and bought lots of the same clothes, haha it's a good thing we live in different cities!

Dad and I did our traditional breakfast together on Saturday morning and then spent much of the day putting up Christmas lights. Tis the season. . . holy smokes I cannot believe it is already that time of year! Time is just flying by so stinkin fast!
Then I spent the evening with the kids while everyone else went out. We did a LOT of wii playing. . . and just hung out!

Anywhoo. . . that is my Thanksgiving in a nutshell!! Hopefully I wont have to do anymore of these long drawn out posts anymore and will be able to keep up. I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving too! :)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

K so I guess we are way lame! haha but I had fun being lame!! Glad you came to Thanksgiving - see yeah in less than 1 week :)

Gail Felsman said...

Shawna, you are so cute. You and your sisters are really good at communicating on the blog- so are Jody and Debi and Michelle and Michaela. It is funny how literate we are when we're not worried about how we say things. When we try it is so much work...when we just let our thoughts flow out they flow pretty well. Love, Aunt Gail