Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Catch Up!

This past Memorial Day weekend, Molly sporadically decided to fly out for a visit. . . so my unplanned three day weekend became very full, very quickly-- here is the recap!

Every year near the end of the school year I let my class earn the chance for an ice cream party. I end up surprising them and we make the ice cream instead (perfect timing when we are learning about how things change from liquid to solids!) I wasn't sure what to do this year (and even considered buying them icecream instead!) because I always need at least one helper for an extra set of hands. In Utah, it was easy to drag a friend out to help, but here was going to be more difficult. So when Molly randomly decided to visit, she flew in Thursday night and came to school with me all day Friday, got my helper afterall!

The kids loved having her there, and the school got a kick out of having an extra "Miss Kelly" running around the campus. She was also a great help and I walked out on Friday with NONE of my Friday tests to grade. . . Thanks Mol!


Bryan flew into town late Friday night, so we ate dinner (Cafe Rio- where else??), went to Nelson's Custard Place, and played one round of cards before we were all beat and decided to call it a night. At 7 am the next morning, the three of us took off to California!

(Notice me in the back seat? The only times I ever ride in the backseat of my own car and sleep on the floor of my own bedroom is when both Mol and Bryan are in town-- come visit me. . . I am a good hostess!)

We arrived a bit before noon that morning, just hours before our big family bbq! We ate lots of food, went swimming, and our new weekend game was invented on that very same day-- Butts Up! Ok ok. . . so it is really not a "New" game, but it was definitely rediscovered this weekend. Here are my sisters playing.... it was a rare occasion to get an actual action shot before Bonnie stopped us all to invent yet another new rule to our game!


Below is a fun picture I got of one of dad's famous "hot water blocks." He lays across the top of the rocks while the waterfall is on so the water builds up and builds up and builds up then finally he gets up real quick and a TON of water comes flying over to those waiting underneath. We used to do it when the spa was heated all warm, hence the term "hot" water block, but on nice summer days, it is fun just to do it with the cold water! If you look close enough, you will see that both Cayd and James are actually under the waterfall. . . hard to tell huh??

It was a fun day to get together and see all the family at once. :)

Then on Monday, it was Aubrey's 10th birthday! Whoa. . . is right!! She had a friend party on Friday night, so on Monday, Bon, Aubs, Molly, and I all went and got pedicures done together. Not always my favorite thing to get done. . . but I LOVE my toes when they are done!


Then she opened presents, we had cake and ice cream, and eventually it was time to hit the road! I got her some cute running outfits to get her psyched about all the "fun" I have ready for them when I go home for the summer to watch them once again.


She is getting so big so fast! Here is a picture of her last "finger" picture that Bonnie takes every year. Happy Birthday Aubrey!!

1 comment:

Terry and Gail said...

What a fun posting...I loved that Molly came and helped at the school. What a novelty for the children. I love the hot water block...your dad is a kook sometimes. Aubrey turned 10...I can't remember if I sent her a birthday card or not. I will need to contact Bonnie and ask her to tell me if I forgot. This has been such a weird year for me, I could have easily forgot but I can't remember if I forgot or not. Thanks for sharing. Love, Gail