Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Disneyland!

Friday afternoon I was sitting in my classroom getting ready to tackle those dreaded report cards due Monday, when I got a phone call from Bonnie. After chatting about whatever it is she called about, she mentioned out of the blue that her and the kids were hitting Disneyland the next day. My report card weekend I was so looking forward to (haha) all of a sudden changed into a Disneyland weekend! I stayed up until midnight-ish getting a bit of my work done, woke at 4:30 the next morning to get to Disneyland by 9. We went to California Adventures first. We hit several rides(including the dreaded Tower of Terror), went through the Tortilla Factory(my fav!), saw too many 3-D movies, grabbed some ice cream, and was out of there by 3.









Starting Disneyland at 3 in the afternoon was somewhat of a concern for me. . . so many rides. . . so little time! But after an all day trip through the park. . . we were able to accomplish almost everything. Cayden is kind of a wimp when it comes to rides, so it was a day spent mostly bonding with the kids, while me and Bonnie passed them back and forth between us. I think Aubrey got the sweetest deal of us all because she got to be the partner that always got to go on the good rides! All in all though, we had a fun time! It was a super long day, but the kids and us adults stayed in rather chipper moods for the whole thing. At around 11:30 ish we hit our hotel which was in a prime location right across the street from the park, got a midnight snack at mickey dee's, and were in bed by midnight.






Of course I had to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to get back to town to finish those dang report cards! A tiring weekend. . . but definitely worth it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow it looks like you had a busy weekend! I am a little jealous that you went to Disneyland I have not been in forever! Do you have a season pass?