Monday, June 22, 2009

Adventures in Indiana

I was in Indiana for not quite two weeks so I have a lot to catch up on. . . let's get started!

During the weekdays, Molly has a unique job where instead of having to take time off for her visitors, she can just bring them along instead. So that is what we did Monday through Friday from (too) early, until around five at night. We hung out with three super cute little one year old boys. I am sure normally it is quite the day for her. .. but I think she got a little spoiled having me and Bryan as her helpers for so many days in a row. . . it was a lot of fun though and I can't imagine anyone ever minding having to go to work with her.

With three boys to take care of. . Molly still manages to entertain the dog as well!

Shawna and Cooper

Molly and Cale

Bryan and Colter

Shawna and the three boys


Here are a few random pictures from a few places we ate at over the week. The first one was just a silly picture that Molly and I decided to take, then after she made her silly face. . . I gave her no redos and promised that it would end up posted on here.

Molly and Bryan are quite the bargain finders. They found this random little Chinese Buffet that included lots of yummy chinese food, drinks, and ice cream at the end. . . after using the coupon they gave me. . . my whole meal costed only $2.80!! Can't beat that!


The next few photos will just show some random shots of what we did on the weekends, as well as the evenings. .

We LOVE the train game!!

When I first arrived at Molly and Bryan's house, this puzzle was in its box on the table in the living room so I thought that over the next few weeks while I was there we could put it together while watching tv and movies. But everytime we sat down to do just that, neither Bryan or Molly would ever help me with the puzzle. When there were maybe THREE pieces in the whole thing left Molly tried to grab a piece to put in just so that she could say she helped! I told her absolutely not!! So this is a picture of a puzzle I did all by myself!

Our "No Bryan nights" consisted of lifetime movies and our family tree craft projects.

The night before I was leaving, the three of us went to the movies to see "The Proposal" (which we loved-even Bryan!!) We came outside afterwards to a rainy, stormy night which honestly didnt seem new because the weather there all WEEK was rainy and cloudy!! Anywho. . . on the news there was an announcement for a tornado warning. On just the 15 minute drive home the weather got crazy scary. We had rain, and lots of wind, and lots and lots of lightening. Not just flashes of light, but lightening where you can actually see the zig zags across the whole sky for like seconds at a time. I have never witnessed such a storm! The car ride home was scary, but once getting inside the house, it wasnt so scary. We planned our safe spot in the house if a tornado were to actually present itself, then we laid down to watch! I couldnt get any good shots of the storm, sad- but true!


Molly's pot that we had to go find that blew away in the storm

Remember the tree that blew down during Mollys last storm? Well it didnt make it again! So sad. . I am considering moving to Indy and buying this house just so I could take care of this poor tree during a storm.


No tornado ended up striking (thankfully!) and the next morning we woke up to a beautiful day! So we went and played some frisbee golf on a course where you seriously had to like hike through the forest. It was way fun though and we didn't lose any frisbees. . . yay!! The first photo is of an amazing shot I made on like the first hold we played. Molly and Bryan were blown away by my mad skills. . so I guess there is no question on who won this game!




The (almost) two weeks that I was in Indiana seriously like flew by. . . we stayed busy and did all kinds of fun stuff. Molly and Bryan were excellent hosts and I can't wait to go visit again! To top it all off though. . . Bryan was able to use some perks from that job of his and get my ticket home upgraded to first class. It was just like on tv (almost)! They really hand out hot towels, serve your drinks in real glasses, and give you like a full on meal while everyone else is paying there $2 for a bag of m&m's! I couldn't pass it up though, and definitely took a risk of being laughed at, but I just had to take a picture of my meal. . .


I made it home on Saturday evening at about 8. I had to squeeze in visits with two different friends, then was on the road bright and early the next day headed for California. This break has started super busy, but super good. . . and I am excited for what is still yet to come. :)

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

so much fun!! i love the family trees. where did you guys find that? i would love to do that too. hopefully we will get to see you sometime while you are here.
talk to you soon.
jody

BJ said...

I have most of that guys puzzles, but I didn't know there was a Las Vegas one! good for you putting it together, some of his are quite hard! And I'm a little jealous of your dinner in first class. I'm normally the sucker begging for half a can of soda in back