Friday, July 24, 2009

Twilight Craze


This past weekend was the big time Com Con event that happens in San Diego every year. Though the tickets have been sold out for a while I guess, Bonnie's bosses daughter stumbled across some tickets for a screening of the movie twilight where the actual cast would be there to introduce the movie! We decided that this of course is a once in a life time opportunity so we jumped on it!

The night before the big event, Bonnie and I were up til the wee hours of the morning making our shirts that were sure to impress all our famous friends.

Then on Thursday afternoon we headed down to San Diego. Upon arriving and finally finding parking, we eventually joined the longest line I have probably ever seen in my life! We already had tickets, which guaranteed entrance, so we were not worried. . . and braced ourselves for a couple of hours of entertaining ourselves with four obnoxious little children.
We found food to eat, met the Fandango bag, snuck into fancy hotels to use the restroom, and got interviewed for the special features that will be later found on the New Moon DVD (so watch for us)! Overall the kids were really good and we survived a three hour? wait in line!





Once in the theatre we got second row seats and waited with anticipation! Unfortunately by the time we got in, rumors were flying that many of the main people had already left. We were a little bummed about that, but it was still an exciting adventure and we did still see some of the cast.




I was a HUGE fan of the Twilight books, but I will admit that the movie did disappoint me some. Therefore, I have not actually watched the movie since it came back way back in December. So after the cast talked and I took pictures, I had to call Bonnie over to find out which of the cast we had just seen. . . hey! Its hard to recognize people from a movie you have only seen once!

I don't know what their real names are, but we saw the mom and pops vampires, and the two friends from school-- the boy that liked Bella at first and then the girl Jessica who liked the boy. . . yeah. . . those four were there. . . we heard that we had actually walked by the girl that plays Alice in the movie while walking into the theatre, but I of all people would not recognize her! Can't speak for Bonnie however who claims that she is her favorite. . . so I don't know how she missed it!

The above picture is one of Bonnie that I took while she is watching the cast. She claimed to be disappointed with who showed up. . . but that face definitely does not show disappointment to me!

After they talked to us for maybe 10-15 minutes? They left- along with over half the people in the audience. The ticket sales were obviously for the meet the cast, not the actual showing of a movie that has already been out for months- so that made lots of room to get better movie viewing seats, and I then viewed Twilight for the second time ever. I am still not oober impressed with the movie, but it was fun watching it after having just seen some of the people in real life.

Then I gave my BF Edward a little kiss goodbye and we were out of there! It was a long night, but a fun little adventure!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

awww. . . too much fun! I love the things we do! Glad you were here to help control the kid crowd - wish Molly could be here too :)

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

you guys are so funny! it looked like it was so much fun. too bad my baby won't wait in lines for 3 or so hours yet. :)

Terry and Gail said...

I think because no one knew that Twilight would be such a huge show it was rather a low budget movie the first time around. I am curious to see if the effects in the second movie are a little more realistic and the whole feeling of the movie a little more authentic. I think the second movie will have more financial backing and might be a little bit more satisfying to some that found the first movie a little less than that. But to me, the first movie felt a lot like the movies we used to watch when we were kids- not completely realistic which made movies more manageable for me. If movies when I was a kid were as real feeling as movies now a days, I probably would have had a heart attack in some of them. I am too easily sucked into feeling like a movie is real. So I appreciate the feeling of not being entirely real. It leaves some of my emotions in tact. I still am a believer when I watch any movie. Love, Aunt Gail