Saturday, October 17, 2009

Reliving my College Days



Way back in the days of summer, Randi texted me asking me if I wanted to go to the BYU/UNLV football game that would be here in Vegas in the beginning of October. Molly was pretty much appalled that I agreed to go. "That was the beauty of moving out of Utah Shawna, we aren't expected to go to all those football games anymore!" Of course living in Utah right by BYU, football games had become somewhat of a tiring tradition, it was usually cold, and games were usually long. But having left Utah and the BYU scene a while ago, I thought it would be a bit of a funner treat going once again. So this past weekend (I basically left ragnar relay after having very little sleep- ran home for a quick shower, then was out the door for the game- it was a busy weekend!), my friend Michael and I trekked it to the UNLV stadium and met up with Randi and her family who had flown down for the game. I was basically adopted into their family a few years ago when Jaime went on a mission and I got to be the new sister so I am pretty familiar with Randi's family. We had front row seats, lots of fun company, and some yummy snacks. It was perfect sweatshirt weather, not too cold and not too warm and because Randi and I hadn't seen each other in some time, the game pretty much flew by as we talked the night away. It was a new experience participating as a visiting team fan, but it was pretty exciting seeing all those angry UNLV fans as BYU killed them! So it was a pretty good time. :) Thanks to my pal Randi for getting me out there once again. :)

6 comments:

BJ said...

sweatshirt weather? it wasn't cold at all!

Shawna said...

I wore a sweatshirt and did not get hot. Sounds like sweatshirt weather to me pal!

Terry and Gail said...

I guess BYU played UNLV before Saturday, October 17th because Tate just blogged that they were going to the BYU game in San Diego with some other university Saturday October 17... and since your pictures are in the night and you posted your blog the day of the game in SD, I am guessing that it was a different time. You should check their blog and see what he posted. Probably tomorrow he will post some pictures of the game they went to. Jody said Tate never went to a BYU football game while he went to school there and now, he is a big fan. Funny...Love, Aunt Gail

Stacie said...

Sounds like fun! I personally prefer watching it on tv because I can curl up with my blankets and treats and see everything up close, plus with DVR I can skip over the dumb stuff. I keep thinking I should go to a real game now and then though, just to remember what it's like.

Jim and Lee said...

We went to the game yesterday and they just barely won, which was great. It could only have been better if they had beat the spread. (I'll explain next time you're home.)
Glad ewe had fun!

Randi said...

Thanks for coming with me, sorry we didn't get to see each more over the weekend, but next time I come down we will definitely play.