Monday, February 15, 2010

Three's a Crowd??

Three day weekend, which typically means I leave town. Molly called asking me if I was going to come to Indiana and I hesitated a bit with it being Valentines and all. But she assured me that it was no big deal, her and Bryan weren't going to do anything anyway, so I needed to just come! So, the flight arrangements were made the night before, and on Friday after a long fun filled Valentine's Day at work, I hopped the 11 pm red eye flight to Indiana which got me there sometime Saturday morning about 5:30 am.
After my last post, about my "crafty" skills, I found this waiting for me in my bedroom. Of course she had to show me up!!

We caught up for a bit, I slept for a bit, then we met Bryan at Denny's for breakfast. . . yum! Sometime after that Molly got a call from the girl she worked for, telling her that her and her husband had made a reservation at a fancy hotel for that night, but couldn't use it because one of the kids were sick. She thought Molly, Bryan, and I would enjoy it for the evening (yes she did know I was in town and she offered it anyway- haha!) It had a gym and a swimming pool, so we thought hey, why not? So we packed up our bags for the night, and were off for the day, doing some errands, getting some shopping done, eating of course, then to our fancy hotel with our cheesecake factory dessert in tow . . . yum!

Molly ran in to check us in. . the man confirmed with her. . . "king size bed right?" . . . "Ummm. . can we get a room with two beds instead???" Though apparently that seemed like an odd question this Valentine's evening, the man honored the request. Bryan was pretty much humiliated and did not want to be seen walking in with the two of us. . . I guess he thought it was weird or something???

(I guess this is where I should put in a little plug for Bryan. Though I always make sure Molly checks with him before I come out to visit, I am not positive how much he always completely wants me there. He never bickers or complains though and is always such a courteous host. I know he has to put up with a lot having to have the sister tag along. . . but he is a good guy and wont complain about it either way. Thanks Bry! )

The room was pretty nice however, and we had just a dandy evening enjoying the hotel, eating our dessert, and tuning into the Olympics. Unfortunately Molly wasn't feeling well and I pretty much was exhausted so we fell asleep pretty early.




Sunday was a pretty low key day. We made a yummy Valentine's early dinner before Bryan headed off to work and Molly and I enjoyed the remainder of the night watching movies and chatting. I got on the Monday morning early flight before Molly headed to work and was home in plenty of time to unpack, rest a bit, and get ready for my upcoming work week.

Ahhhh. . . the joys of a three day weekend!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Aahhhh! What fun! You are indeed lucky to have such a nice bro in-law. He definitely deserves a lot of credit, but hey what guy wouldn't want to have two beautiful girls with him on Valentines? I am glad you had fun! Love ya Debi

Terry and Gail said...

I doubt Bryan is one of a kind... but the vast majority of men would never cooperate so well with you two. Molly is lucky and so are you Shawna. That is a pretty darling Valentine's flower that Molly made for you. Oh well, with kids simple and sweet is always the best. Love, Aunt Gail