Thursday, February 25, 2010

Uh Oh!

Each morning, I pack up all my stuff for work and leave it by the door, before heading out for a little walk with the puppy. Then I can come home and just grab my stuff, change my shoes (which have also been left by the door), and head out! I'm a girl that tries to get as much sleep as possible, therefore, little morning time is wasted from my wake up, til me being out that door.

Today the puppy was antsy, or I dont know, maybe I was antsy, so we skipped pack up time, and headed out on our walk a little prior to schedule. Then when I got home, I had to run around like a crazy girl trying to get myself out the door by my usual time. About half way through my 20-25 minute trek to work I was chatting on the phone, and I looked down to my feet. And this is what I saw. . .


Totally forgot to change my shoes!! Agh!! Can I BE wearing a more unprofessional pair of shoes??

Risk it and head to walmart hoping to find a decent pair of black shoes that I could pass off for the day? Or just head home now and be a few minutes tardy to work?
I decided to head home. . . what if Walmart didn't have ANYTHING? Then I would have wasted valuable time and still had to have gone home!

Luckily, I usually try to do more of my planning stuff before school rather than after, so I am typically an early arriver. That meant that with today's little catastrophe, I was only a couple of minutes late. PHEW! Better that then be walking around in complete humiliation with pink fuzzy crocs on my feet all day long!

Can't WAIT til I am living closer to work!

4 comments:

BJ said...

I did something similar a while back. I was running late to work, it was dark and I thought I could save a minute and put my shoes and socks on in the car on the way to work. I remembered I had left my shoes outside the bathroom, so I grabbed them and ran out the door. I was halfway to work when I realized I had grabbed the wrong pair. Instead of my regular shoes I had a regular shoe and one if my bostonians. Not only that, but they were both left shoes. I walked into wal-mart clomp-click back to the shoe department. It was kind of embarrassing standing in line with miss-matched shoes, buying shoes at 5AM.

Bonnie said...

hillarious!! Remember when I wore 2 different when I student taught?? Luckily, one of my amazing sisters (cant remember which one - but both equally amazing) habd delivered me 2 matching shoes :)

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha! I love it. I take my doggies on their walk in crocs as well. I have never had to be somewhere in more fashionable shoe attire right after so I am sure I have lucked out on this hilarious predicament! Love you Shawna and I am glad you had a wonderful birthday week. I am almost 31! Yikes. Love Debi

Terry and Gail said...

Sometimes you need to finish a mistake... I mean even Rachel Ray sometimes burns the toast on her show. It teaches the kids that even teachers make mistakes but can still get the job done... I usually forget to put on a bra because for so many years I didn't wear one. But now that I do most days, if I go somewhere without a bra on, like say, church, I feel naked even though no one knows. I am so glad that we don't have signs that are triggered to announce our errors when we discover them. I think your slippers were darling, oh wait, Debi said that they were your crocs. Lots of people wear crocs anywhere here. Well, you know us Idahoan hicks....Love, Aunt Gail