Friday, February 12, 2010

Crafty Chaos

This year Molly agreed to make my little class the Valentines for them that were going to be from me. But timing issues screwed us up and we realized she would not be able to get them mailed off and here on time for the Valentine party. So I decided that I had some crafty skills in me somewhere and I should be able to pull off something decently cute. So with plenty of time I went to Michaels and got all my supplies and had a few days to spare to get my goodies made. Well little did I know what a treat I had in store for me this week! I now have a puppy. A very rambuctious puppy at that and I didn't realize how different my crafty life would be once I had my little Doogle. Can't work upstairs at the table because he yaps and yaps at me if he knows I am home and not down playing with him. Can't work on the floor because there is way too much fun stuff for a puppy to get into. Therefore I ended up at my small dresser trying to get everything cut and glued and written on and tied. If something dropped to the floor, it was a mad dash to get it before the pups did because if he got it (which he did his fair share of the time), he was out of there as quick as a flash, taking along whatever it was I dropped. I would lay scissors down on the bed to later discover them gone, and I'm hopeful that some of the kids wont notice small teeth marks in their goody bag where me and the pups played a little tug of war.


As my night was coming to an end, an end I was most happily looking forward to. . . I discovered that somehow I had miscounted my goody bags and I was short one! I looked everywhere for that hidden bag of kisses that I could have possibly dropped, or lost behind the dresser. But nothing! Now after staying up way past my bedtime to finish these dang bags, I have to wake up early to go to the store to get another bag of treats. Oh what a day what a day!
They turned out rather cute though I'd say.

6 comments:

Bryan and Molly said...

So cute Shawna! Good job! Couldn't have done better myself! Bummer about having to make one more this morning though - that stinks! How early do you have to wake up for that???

Debi said...

Hey Shawna! They look great! You have that inner craftiness in you afterall. Don't discount that Doogle may have eaten that last treat bag! My dog when he was a puppy would eat almost everything. On walks he always ate the cigarette butts! Yuck! now he just eats mud.....I guess that is better. He doesn't need any nicotine:) Debi

The Daytons said...

Shawna! So cute. I love them. I kinda miss having to put stuff together like that. Are you coming up for Randi's wedding? I hope so!

Terry and Gail said...

Yeah, Shawna, I agree with Debi. Michelle's dog has jumped up on the table and dug candy out of bags and even has figured out a couple of times how to unzip backpacks to get stashed treats. so dogs can be little candy devils when you least expect it. They were cute little bags... with second graders whether they are boys or girls simple and sweet and cute always works... when kids get too much older then you have to be careful that it is not to girly and not too babyish. That is when it is really hard to be effectively creative. Love, Aunt Gail

Bonnie said...

very impressive sweet sister :) I love how they look on the bedspread! Happy v-day, enjoy molly/bry and indie

The Daytons said...

So, last night our Stake had a little Valentine's dance. We went with Owen:) And guess who we ran into, your old friend Debbie that worked at your school with you. Yeah, funny I guess Ryan knows her husband from the Accounting Program at BYU. Anyway, we met one night when we all went to color me mine. It was so weird. Just thought I'd tell you. Oh and she held Owen for awhile so I could eat my food and I think he peed on her;) Haha, she didn't say anything but after I took him back he was wet. She probably won't be asking to hold anyone else baby for awhile!