Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fireworks!


On Sunday, in Indiana, it was of course 4th of July. On Saturday evening, Molly, Bryan, and I went to the fireworks store and wandered around to find us the perfect fireworks for the next evening. In our minds we knew what we wanted. Fireworks that look like real fireworks, the ones that fly into the sky and explode. . . but finding those were not as easy as we thought. So we ended up with a whole assortment of fun little things to try.

Bryan was the one in charge of lighting the fireworks. I think its exciting to do our own, yet I kind of have fears of fireworks exploding people's arms off while they are trying to light them so I am kind of a wimp when it comes to that. Even after watching the 12 year old little neighbor kids setting off their own stuff with no adult supervision didn't make me feel any more confident. The lady at the fireworks store even tried to convince us that it was ok to hold some while lighting them even though the box clearly read, "light and get away!" Oh well, better be safe then sorry is what I think, so I kept a safe distance while the lighting took place.




We really couldn't get any good pictures of the actual fireworks. One day when I have a fancy schmancy camera and learn to be a real photographer I will have awesome firework pictures, but til then, I will just have to be content with the sparkler pictures, and even those didn't turn out very great!
Happy Birthday America!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

awww SO fun. . . im a weeee jealous! ummm and look at my sisters prego belly . . . so cute :)