Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Groupon Getaway

So back around Christmas time I think, dad told us about the groupon website he discovered. Basically you choose which city you live in, then it emails you a great deal a day for that city. Pay a little bit of money to get something even better. The best part is, people can buy groupon gifts for other people. Therefore, sporadically (actually quite often), I open my email to discover that my wonderful dad has bought me some sort of exciting (and usually edible) gift from the groupon site. I have used some of my gifts here and there, but they had definitely begun to pile up. So I took the opportunity to use Bonnie and the kids' visit as an excuse to live off groupon for the weekend.

On Friday morning we took the kids to sky zone. The crazy huge warehouse place filled with floor and wall trampolines. Each of the kids got a two hour jump session for free (thanks dad and groupon!) and Bonnie and I each bought a half hour jump time to play with the kids.


On the way home from that we stopped by a bakery where I had $15 dollars to spend on my choosing. A pound of cookies happened to be $15 dollars, so we had a delicious snack to munch on the whole rest of the day (thanks Dad and Groupon!).

We finished the day by doing some shopping, and eating, and swimming (this was the whole purse incident evening *see below*).


We spent Saturday morning and afternoon by the pool. Then we packed up and hit a yummy pizza place for dinner (thanks Dad and Groupon). And stopped by a little frozen yogurt shop for some dessert (thanks Dad and Groupon!).




We hit an arcade on the strip Saturday evening for some real Las Vegas fun. :) Kid fun that is.


They had a cotton candy making machine. . .

Bonnie wouldn't let any of us touch it! (just teasing)


All in all it was a fabulous weekend. I think we all had fun, ate lots, and found a new love of groupon. Thanks to my great family for coming to spend a few days with me, and thanks dad for helping us out with our little weekend. I have the best family ever!

1 comment:

Terry and Gail said...

This is too funny. I have never heard of groupon. What a fun way to spend the weekend. You guys are too much and always thinking of fun things to do. Thanks for sharing. Love, Gail