Saturday, July 3, 2010

Greetings from Indiana!

I decided to spend my 4th of July weekend in Indiana this year. Because I fly on the standby schedule, it was up in the air all day Friday if I would make it to Indiana, and if so, how I was going to get there. Through LA and then on to Indiana? Detroit to Indiana? LA, Detroit, and then Indiana? Open flights filled up in just a matter of hours and the last thing I wanted was to get to some faraway city and then find myself stranded there. Eventually Molly decided to play it safe and I took the midnight redeye to Cincinnati which is a two hour drive from Indiana (and actually in Kentucky, not Ohio like one would assume- that definitely thru me off a bit). Molly and Bryan decided that they would meet me there at 6:30 in the morning.
Obviously upon my arrival, nobody was quite up to their perky selves. Mol and Bryan had to wake up before five to begin their trek to the airport and I had gotten a possible 3 hours of sleep on my trip. In the past, redeye flights have hit me pretty hard and I spend most of my short visit asleep on the couch. We didn't want that happening this weekend, so rather than driving back to their house where a couple of cozy beds are waiting, we decided to get out of the house and explore a little bit of Indiana. I used the several hour drive to catch up on a bit of sleep, then found myself with a yummy milkshake in hand at the beginning of a lovely little hike.
Molly and Bryan found this place several weeks ago and decided to bring me back here. I am not typically a hike person. I am not really sure why, maybe I have never really given it much of a shot, but if I lived by this place, I might become more of a hiker. The place was very cool, had several different paths that were unlike any hike I had ever been on. I tried to capture some of the different cool parts of the hike, but pictures could definitely not do some of the areas much justice.












There were several sets of staircases, bridges, and waterfalls. Most of the time we were either walking through some tall foresty areas or through some deep canyons filled with water so it stayed pretty nice and cool. And yes, the ladder was part of the hike that we climbed up as well.
After staying for a couple of hours, we headed back towards home, stopped for a yummy meal and some errands, and ended up having a fairly productive day for being pretty much exhausted!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

ummm may i ask where you got the snazzy matching hiking sandals?? haha! Love you both . . . and Bry too . . .HAppy 4th!

Debi said...

I noticed the matching sandals as well! How cute! I am glad you had a good 4th. Love you all. Debi