Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dinner is served

I am not one to just cook food on my own for myself. Seems like a lot of hassle for one person. And to make a whole pan of something or other to eat for a whole week didn't seem like the way to go either. So honestly I started eating out A LOT. If I did happen to be at home for a night and didn't want to go out (or was feeling broke- which is quite frequently), I'd eat a bowl of cereal or some kind of frozen pizza pocket from the freezer. Dinner time in my house was rarely what we would call quality.
So over the summer, Bonnie was introduced to Dream Dinners. When I found out what she was doing, I decided to join in on the fun.
It's a place that has the ingredients out and ready and often pre-measured for several different kinds of dinners that you prepare in either 3 or 6 serving quantities. You measure and bag the ingredients yourself to basically make some quality frozen meals.
So I got myself a cute lil' ice chest, learned how to use dry ice, and head down to California once a month to make dinners for the following month. Everything I make comes in servings of 3, so I usually cook dinner one night, then store the other two servings in their own individual containers that are quick and easy to grab for lunch each day.
I still manage to find myself out to dinner a couple times a week, so it works out perfectly to have a few extra lunches ready in the fridge when needed.
Not to mention, Bonnie and I now have scheduled monthly bonding time. :)
These are some pictures of just a few of the many delicious meals I have made since! YUM!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

yum! I didnt get anything out last night . . . we are eating mc haha! Would love to be eating pub chicket right about now. Glad we have a fun new tradition :)

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

i had some friends who did this too. is there one in escondido? so do you like it so far? i would have to check to see if they have veggie meals. :)
jody

Bonnie said...

they dont really jody. Thats one thing I asked when we first started going. They have like meat substitues if your in to eating the fake meat but otherwise most meal options have meat. It is awesome otherwise! We LOVE going and the kids LOVE me going too haha

Terry and Gail said...

anWow! What a cool idea... I wish we had something like that here... The food looks good, too. Love, Aunt Gail