Sunday, October 16, 2011

On your marks. . .

I went to California this weekend. I got there Friday night, and stayed with Bonnie and her kids the whole night helping her on a little project she was doing. The next day was busy. We made dinners in the morning, went to Cayd's soccer game after that, and then on to a late lunch. Somewhere between 4:30 and 5 Saturday evening, I remembered that I was supposed to ask dad to help me out on my own little project I needed to do. . . whoops!
So I found pops, and told him I needed a little stand made to hang donuts from, for a donut eating booth at a Halloween carnival I had coming up. In seriously like 10 minutes, dad had the whole thing whipped up! We had to go to the Depot for one little 57 cent part, but everything else he just had, even black paint to make it a little more decorative!
Of course that night, just a few hours later, us Kelly's were having our own donut eating contest... (we had to test it out!)
My dad is the BEST!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Please note. . . when we were called at 10pm that night to test the donut hanger thingy, nobody told us pictures would be involved! My family looks lovely lol! (and . . .my dad seriously is the bestest!)

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

jim is a handy one to have around! good job!
jody

Terry and Gail said...

Yes, your dad is very handy and his brain just seems to figure out so quickly how to do something. You are a blessed girl... all of you are blessed children... I don't know where you could get better parents. Your mother has always been such a good friend to me. I am blessed to be her sister. The more grateful you are the more blessed you are so I am often counting my blessings. Love, Aunt Gail