Friday, May 23, 2008

Packing up. . .

So next week is my last week of school until summer break- wahoo!  I am way excited except for the fact that there is SO much to do before that time comes!  I stayed at work tonight until 7:0 pm- yeah, I know, Sick!  But I had to do it because I am starting to run out of options.  I quit my job so I have to pack up my whole classroom and take it somewhere.  Where to you ask?  As of now there is really no where to go except to mom and dad's house down in California.  I can't fit all my junk in my tiny little apartment!  I am not really sure mom and dad knew what they were getting into when they agreed to store it at there house though either.  So I am at work tonight wondering how in the world I am ever going to get all this stuff down to California using my little tiny car anyway?  So I called up good ole mom and I think I might have possibly roped her into coming up here next week to help me move!  That would be so superb!  And- I even convinced her that doing this would be FUN!  Bwah ha ha- I am so evil!  But seriously I feel like I am in quite the bind.  Below are pictures of probably a little over half the stuff I need to take with me, and my little tiny car.  What do you think?

   

















So I got a lot of stuff done, then it was time to pack up "Sushi" our class fish, to bring him home with me.  I got Sushi two years ago for quite the silly reason.  I had very recently broken up with a boy who I was quite fond of and decided to return home to California for the remainder of the summer, rather than staying in Utah.  So I get home late one night after quite a lengthy drive and my mom told me the news that my niece's pet fish had died and she was so sad about it that she didn't want a new one.  I guess I made a comment about how it would be fun to have a pet fish (I am not sure why I actually made that comment, because honestly, its a fish).  Anywhoo- mom jumped on that and the next morning, first thing after waking up, she took me to the pet shop to buy me a fish.  It was rather odd I must say.  But mom did what she could to fill up that void in my heart.  Even if it was with a little fish.  
I put him in the counter area of my bathroom here at my apartment.  I am not really sure why.  Fish like water, so they must like bathrooms.  I have a rather large bathroom to myself and I thought that he would like it in there.  Maybe I will talk to him while I get ready in the mornings.  Surprisingly enough, the kids at school mostly ignore little Sushi, so he must be rather lonely.  Even though I did read a little "fun fact" that said goldfish have a memory span of 30 seconds.  I mean, honestly, I know we live in the time of technology, but how in the world do people figure out the memory span of a fish??

2 comments:

Randi said...

So I have been meaning to comment for a while about how hurt I am there are no pictures with me in them on the blog. We basically do everything together, what did you do with all of those photos?

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Sushi??? hahahahaha GREAT name for a fish!
Tate