Monday, May 26, 2008

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

















So every year, for our big end of the year hoor-ah, my second graders get the chance to earn an ice cream party.  Come the big day though, they realize that I forgot to tell them one important thing. . . I'm not going to just hand over the ice cream, they have to MAKE it!  We put all the ingredients in a little baggie, put the little baggie in a big baggie, then we fill that baggie with lots of ice and salt, put on our little winter mittens, and create away!  This year however, I came across a new issue. . . my little Madison is allergic to milk.  So over this weekend Randi and I attempted the impossible, homeade ice cream out of soy milk!  (Ok, so it really wasnt that difficult and really doesnt have much difference than the other icecream, but we needed an excuse to "practice" it).  So wa la. . . homemade soy milk ice cream!  Quite delectable I must admit.  Especially with yummy chocolate chips!  

And now my pal Randi's picture has officially made it to my blog page.  It's a serious friend "commitment" to make it to one's blog, but she did prep 23 bags of ice cream for me today. . . so I figure she deserves it!  Thanks Randi!
  

1 comment:

Debi said...

That sounds so fun and good! You are such a good teacher. Good luck with your move and all that! I know how difficult it is to move a bunch of stuff....been there done that. Have fun! Love Debi