Sunday, May 18, 2008

Time to Organize my Life!

So I went to church today and our very last speaker talked about budgeting.  Ok  . . . so he wasn't the most interesting person in the world to listen to. . . but that is definitely my type of talk.  My roommate kind of grumbled about the topic and I didn't exactly pipe up that I thoroughly enjoy stuff like that (Now you know Becky!).  I wouldn't necessarily call myself an organized person, but I really really attempt to be.  I have my budgeting notebook, and my "what I ate today" notebook and countless little tiny notebooks that I buy when I am in one of my inspirational "orginizational" moods.  So of course the talk today inspired me to come home and look at my little monthly budget all over again.  I need to really be better with my money because yesterday me and Randi went shopping for our "Las Vegas" furniture.  It was way fun- but even going to cheap Ikea will cost me a little extra money that I don't exactly have these days.  I feel like I have been so good these last few months.  Ok- so I definitely like to spend, and often find myself buying things or paying for things that I really don't need, but I have been really good about putting money into savings each month.  I can do better, but it has really been a great start for me.  But this summer is going to be pricier than I have been really thinking and it is dawning on me that I will not exactly be ready for it.  I am quite proud of how "adult" I have been being this last year and I really don't want to have to go to my parents begging to help me.  I like being independent.  I think I kind of thrive on it.  And it has made me so happy knowing that I had my graduate program classes this summer and I actually had the money to pay for the tuition by myself.  But reality was really put into perspective last night and I am attempting to turn over a new leaf and be better at not going out so much (It had to start today cuz last night after Ikea we hit Sweet Tomatoes!  I LOVE that place it was sooo good!)  So anywhoo- I am going to find new ways to entertain myself rather than going to eat (cuz face it, that's where most of my money ends up- sad I know.  Or the occasional sporadic clothes shopping trips-whoops!)  So I will be finding myself blogging much more often.  Who knows though- maybe one day I will get to my gynormous project I have been meaning to get to this whole school year!  I was going to on Saturday, but the weather was so great- I went swimming instead!  It was great!  I love the sun!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Hey Shawna, I love to make lists and notebooks too. I have my bill notebook and notebooks with what I have to do that day, and occasionally have notebooks with other stuff in them that doesn't last as long. I like to be organized and I like to move my furniture around when I get bored. I like when in church the talk about budgets and other things like that. You are not abnormal unless I am then I guess you are! Just kidding. Love ya Debi