Friday, May 16, 2008

Yay For Moving!

This summer, me and my pal Randi are packing up and moving to Las Vegas.  Do either of us know exactly what we are going to do with our lives upon arrival?  No- but that doesn't seem to be the least bit of our concern right now.  Rumors at work are flying though about this not so recent, life changing decision I have made.  It has to be for a guy (cuz I guess that's what life for a girl my age is supposed to revolve around huh?) or because I want more money, or is it really because I hate the snow??  I never came to Provo, UT with any intentions of staying for the rest of my life.  I came here to go to school, and I did that.  It's time I leave my college life behind.  It's not like I have really been living the "college" life these last few years.  I go to bed at a regular, decent, consistant time each night.  And for the most part, my life has really settled down.  But in a way, I still live the BYU single life.  I am really excited to move away and to become a "real" adult.  I am 25 years old, its just about time I do.  Here is my list of reasons  I will NOT miss my current "college life." 

*Cleaning Checks (Serious?)
*Other people's dishes  (Where in the world did the silverwear come from?!)
*New random roomates (I have been pretty lucky, but who knows what to expect)
*Singles Ward semesterly turnover (It's just not normal)
*Curfew (Don't dare to park anywhere but your own apt. after it or your car will be booted)

That's it for now.  If you can think of anymore. . . let me know!


3 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Yeah!!! Another blogger. :) I find myself spending time on blogging too when I should probably be doing something else. But it helps me keep in touch with everyone. Anyways, congrats on the future move. I know what you mean when we need a change and you don't really have any plans. I guess that's what prompted my move to Alaska and then eventually Cali. It all turned out great!! I'm sure Las Vegas will be good for you too. And your family will be happier that you're closer!!
later, Jody

Debi said...

Hey Shawna! I am glad you started a blog. I like facebook but I love blogs. You can put whatever on here with pictures and I just like how it looks better. Anyway hurray for you starting one, and for Molly doing it too. Now you need Bonnie to and we will be all set! Good luck in Las Vegas. You will do great because you are related to me! Just kidding but you will do great and just set out to be happy with whatever happens. Love ya Debi

The Short Family said...

So I totally agree about BYU singles ward. I was really glad when we left Utah. I am glad that you have a blog. They are nice.