Sunday, April 26, 2009

Girl Time!

I have been missing some of my favorite girls lately... so I decided to make a trip up to Utah this weekend to visit them. It was quick.. and I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with each of them. . . but it definitely got me the quality girl time that I needed!

I got in town Friday night a bit past ten. Jenae, Kellie, and I hung out at Kel's til the wee hours into the morning. Jenae's poor hubby Mike kept calling trying to get her home. I didn't feel bad though- he get's her all the time- I got her for just one night!


The next morning (or I guess later that morning) I met up with my pals Rachel and Becky for breakfast. Yum yum! Unfortunately I forgot to pull out my camera til after Becky left, and I am not computery enough to photoshop her in. . . so you just get a pic of me and Rach. . . definitely wasn't either of our "cuter" hair days, so we decided to take a hoodie picture. . . obviously I don't think it was much better!



Kellie lives in the basement of a little house. She graduated from BYU this weekend (YAY KELLIE!!) so she had tons of flowers on her table from several Kellie supporters. Her house has these cute little windows that open like little doors, and from the view from the living room, all you can see is the grass and a few flowers outside . . . like a meadow. . . haha it totally made me think that we were in a cute little tiny cottage. . and so the rest of the time I kept referring to Kel's house as her cute cottage. I made her pose in front of the "cottage" window.


After breakfast I tried to tidy myself up a little, then I drove to Salt Lake to see Randi's house and to visit her. We went on one of our traditional "Color Me Mine" trips and each made a cute little vase. Though the colors don't look like it now, my vase will match so perfectly in my bedroom for when I buy myself flowers-- which I have been doing frequently lately. :)



Randi and I then drove up to Midway for a bbq put on by Kellie in a fancy schmancy little condo. It was way fun, with lots of yummy food and fun games. Of course we once again stayed up way too late, and sadly, I forgot to pull out my camera. . . but it was a delightful evening with lots of fun friends.


The next morning I drove back down to Provo to be at my friend Brienne's baby's blessing. Ryan (Brienne's husband and Baby Owen's dad) did a great job. :) And the baby was so very cute. -- YAY BRIENNE AND RYAN!


After church, it was on to Brittney's house for a quick visit. Brittney, along with all the girls I visited, was a roommate of mine throughout my BYU days. While there, Britt's sister Shea showed up. Shea and I bonded back in the day so it was fun to see her again too. She mentioned how she was looking gross because she hadn't showered in days (she was visiting as well this weekend cuz Britt graduated BYU-- YAY BRITTNEY!!) and guess what-- I hadn't either! Though I should be embarrassed to admit this, the weekend was so jam packed and so busy, I was up way too late at nights and woke way too early in the mornings so at all the places I stayed, showering just never got put into the schedule! So Shea and I took a "smelly girls" picture-- it was then that I began feeling a bit bad for Brittney for having to hang out in her little house with the both of us. Hopefully it wasn't too bad though!



Though it was a cold, wet, rainy weekend up in Utah, it was still a fantastic one. I love and miss all my girl friends up there, it would have been absolutely PERFECT if Molly could have been there too. . . but I vow to myself and my friends, that I am going to drag Molly out here this summer so the two of us can go up together and see everyone just a little bit longer than I did this time. Thanks friends- for the great visit!!

1 comment:

Terry and Gail said...

Cute little journal of your weekend...no shower, huh? I could smell you all the way here. You should be ashamed and holding the baby without your mask on with all this swine flu threat...you should be ashamed!!! It is cool how you and Molly had so many girl friends. I really didn't have many girl friends. Of course, who needs too many girlfriends when your best friend is your mother. Now, besides from your mother who will always be my best friend, my daughters and their babies are my best friends. I really like their husbands or fathers, too. But my daughters and their children have spent more time with me. Terry should be my best friend...but he doesn't want to be. I am good for a wife...but a best friend? Well, he just can't wrap his mind around that. He's a weirdo anyway. I will put him on my best friend list only because I know I will never be (at least, not in this life...when we get to heaven he is going to wonder why he didn't like me better...he's going to say, hey, you aren't so bad...why weren't we best friends on earth?" and I will say, "because you were a dork!") thanks Shauna, it is fun keeping up with you by your newsy blog. I really love it. Love, Aunt Gail