Monday, July 11, 2011

Giant fun!

Our last stop of the day was in Dad's hometown of San Jose, Ca. We had our choice of seeing the famous Winchester Mystery House (which I have been wanting to see for a while now) or a giant playable Monopoly game in the middle of a park.

Isn't there an obvious choice here?
Must see # 10: Giant Monopoly Board-- San Jose, CA
You can actually reserve the game board and wear giant goofy monopoly pieces on your head! Would've been awesome, but sadly, it had been a pretty long day already, and playing a giant game of Monopoly is not how we chose to end it. Instead, we found some of our favorite places on the board, shot a couple of pictures, and headed to our first pit stop (hotel) in our adventures through California.

We started day one at around 7:30 in the morning, and made it to our hotel in Santa Clara at about 9 at night. It made for one very long day. Luckily enough, it was going to be our longest day by far, and it didn't even feel like we had spent over 13 hours and about 550 miles traveling.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Wow! Seriously! You guys rock. That was one great first day. I am bummed that when you went to the pet cemetary there wasn't anything worthwhile there. You weren't even a little freaked out, had you watched Stephen Kings Pet Cemetary first!I like the monopoly board even though I hate playing it. I would have played on that board had I gotten to wear the pieces on my head! Nice! I think I would have tried the artichoke even if I hated them.

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

i think i would have picked the mystery house. but a big board game would be fun too! did they have the same pieces as the board game? like would you wear a shoe or car on your head?
jody

Terry and Gail said...

There are some amazing places in the world that I would never think to create or that anyone would really be interested in seeing or going to... but there you are; a city with a giant monopoly board. Crazy! Love, Aunt Gail my word verification is micknonc... I like the word... we should make up a definition for it.