Thursday, July 7, 2011

Little biddy part 2

I thought I had done such a good job of mapping everything out, but we happened to completely miss the exit for biddy biddy church, then as we neared the next mystery spot, we discovered that this exit was closed. We didn't really have maps of the cities we were hitting, we were going almost completely off written directions. Bonnie started getting a bit crabby when we realized that for the second time in a row, we were going to have to pull over to find directions. I tried to keep everyone chipper, but of course the same thought was going through my head. . . are we going to get lost and search for directions for all our stops?

Well, after making a few circles, we ended up at our next location. . .

Must see # 3- America's skinniest house-- Long Beach, CA
If I do recall, Bonnie's mood was completely lifted after finding skinny house! It was so worth all those turn arounds! We felt a little silly hopping out of the car to take pictures, especially with the neighbor outside. But he was so nice, and told us that people are always stopping for pictures. He even gave us permission to move the garbage cans for a better kodak picture!

Now on to something a little bit bigger. . .

3 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

Good job on trying to keep everyone's spirits up. Sometimes looking for places is very irritating because we really don't have the time for being lost and we are really eager to see the thing we want to see. But you were tenacious and solved your lost situation- a big learning experience always... helps develop patience, too. But believe me, I struggle with getting lost, too. I don't think I will ever be patient. Love, Aunt Gail

Debi said...

Love that! I am glad I don't live in it though. Thanks for posting. I am enjoying this almost as much as the abc diet.

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

where was this one at? i don't think i would want to live in the skinniest house!
jody