Saturday, July 9, 2011

A pleasant surprise

As we were driving down the road, almost to cube tree, we passed a little bakery with signs hanging up claiming the bakery to be a winner of Food Channels tv show "Cupcake Wars." As we passed by, Bonnie asked if we should stop, and honestly, I said no. Sorry Molly! I just knew that we had a lot of stops to make, and it was going to be a long day, and for some reason, cube tree was just one of the stops I was really looking forward to. I know. . . weird. Bonnie was persistent however and I agreed that since we were coming back this way to get back on the freeway, we could stop after cube tree. So we did.
(Unplanned but surprise) must see # 6: Hotcakes Bakery-- Culver City, CA

We parked and went into the bakery, which honestly was a little disappointing. They had one of the "winning" cupcakes labeled to try, but was a flavor that did not interest me in the least. But that was it! No pictures or signs or any form of memorabilia from being on, and winning a tv show contest! Seems so silly to me. The bonus though as you can all guess. . . a yummy, or more like 6, yummy snacks for the road!

3 comments:

Bryan and Molly said...

I cant believe you weren't gonna stop! crazy kids! glad you did though . . . yummmmmm! jealous!

Bonnie said...

nono, we were going to stop, I just let her have her stinkin square tree visit first (which I must admit, was one of my fav stops) hello, I was behind the wheel and Shawn was not denying me a cupcake visit :)

Terry and Gail said...

Food is always worth the stop. I love hole in the wall places... it is what gives them their ambience... just being there without being a braggart. I love it. Love, Aunt Gail