Friday, June 6, 2008

Busy Busy Busy!

So this is me and my class on our last day of school.  Ok. . . maybe it was the day before.  I am not sure if I am legally supposed to post pics of little kids on the internet that aren't mine. . . but I will anyway.  Shhh. . . . don't tell!  If it's illegal or something someone let me know!  So we had our last day of school- my third year teaching.  Boy- time really goes fast!  The ice cream went perfectly (see post below) except for the  tiny fact that Miss Madison didnt even show up!  Waste of soy milk for nothing!  oh well- good to be prepared anyway!  Me and mom then got MOST of my stuff into both our cars and down to California.  We definitely had a fun time bonding the one day she was here.  It was nice to have her.  
Home was way fun but busy too!  On Friday night we celebrated Mother's Day because Me and Mol and Bryan all came into town that weekend.  We had a big bbq in the back yard. . . it was lots of fun- scott and his kids were there, Bon and hers. . . "hot dog or hamburger Shawna?"  "One of each Dad!!"  (I just LOVE going home!)  Then on Saturday we played in the backyard quite a bit with the fam's new pitching machine.  It's for the kids to practice their batting skills but we all had to have a turn at it.  The kids got quite cranky with us for that!  Wha ha ha!  A few of us actually hit the ball over our house into the front yard (yes- I was one of them)!  So between each person's turn we had to take the time to go FIND all the balls we had hit!  We took the opportunity to pose for a picture on the ladder while looking for hidden balls in the hedges.
 Later that day we went to the bowling alley to celebrate Aub's ninth birthday!  She is getting so old- holy smokes!  She had all her kiddie friends there but we still got an adult lane which I lost every time (just didnt find my groove for the day)  I am soooo not good about taking pictures but I actually took my camera home this trip to get some fun pictures but all the bowling alley ones just didnt turn out very cute.  Of course family members PROMISE me to send me ones they take but heck- I am still waiting on a family picture we took LAST summer!  Someone is definitely behind in their emailing!  So overall it was a most excellent trip home- but then I had to hit the road Sunday and come back to start school on Monday.  :(  Bleh- whoever talked me into going back to school is BUSTED! Oh well- I have made it through one week- only four to go- wahoo!  My big gynormous project that I have supposidly been working on ALL year is due Monday!  No worries- it is so almost done that I can SMELL the final copy in my hands!  

No comments: