Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hmmm. . .

Today I had to go over to Hobble Creek School to return a book I had borrowed from an old teacher friend there.  Hobble Creek was my first teaching job and due to random circumstance, I couldn't stay there the following year.  I interviewed at Wilson School and honestly was not happy with how it went.  I felt the principal did not like me, and I frankly did not like the school itself.  I hoped and hoped and hoped that I would not get a job offer there and because I was not satisfied with the interview, I really didn't think it would happen.  But just my luck, I did get a call back and the job was mine.  It's funny looking back on that memory two years later because in all reality, I was much happier at Wilson School.  I got along with the faculty (for the most part) really well.  I loved my classes and  overall it was a really great experience.  But Hobble Creek was my first job, it was my first class, and being there today made me almost a little sad.  I guess it will always hold a little place in my heart.  And now I have officially said goodbye to Wilson School as well.  Its scary.  I am moving to a new city, that I have never lived in.  I am taking nobody with me.  And I will not know anyone there.  I guess I got off easy in my life because I always had a sister that was right there with me in everything we did.  I didn't have to go away to college by myself, and I didn't have to make new friends by myself, and I didn't have to live with a bunch of new people that I didn't know, all by myself.  She was always there.  By the time she got married and moved away, I had an established set of friends in Utah so I wasn't really by myself.  So I guess I am just doing the "by myself" thing, just a little later than expected.  Don't get me wrong, I am way excited, but I am always the type of person that wonders what might have been.  How my life would have been different if I had done a few things differently in the past.  If I had made the other choices. . .  

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

That's scary, huh? I had to go places all by myself twice: once after highschool when I went to BYU and once when I came down to SD for law school. Both times, the people I met within the first few weeks are the best friends I have now. Scary, but well worth it. Have you tried to contact a ward there and try to get a roommate? Sounds like a mighty fine adventure you're in! :)
Tate

Debi said...

I just wanted to wish you good luck. I know how scary it can be. I went to college by myself even though it was only a couple hours from Poky it was kind of scary but a real learning experience. Now even though I have Loni and Rick it was scary to move so far from everyone. It is nice to have the church in my life. Just think you have gone to 2 new schools for your job and you did that all by yourself and made friends there all by yourself so I am sure you will do just fine. Love ya Debi