Monday, October 25, 2010

Quite the little party. . .



This redbox is where my story officially starts. . . this very redbox, located in the Indianapolis airport many many months ago. For this is the redbox I was standing at when I first learned that there was going to be a little baby Kunz. . .

A couple of months ago, I was talking to Molly about a baby shower for her. Would someone plan something in Indiana. . would she have one in California . . . or what? She didn't really know if someone would throw her one in Indiana, but she doesn't know a ton of people in California still, so I offered to fly out to Indiana and throw the shower for her! I was pretty excited, and ended up getting mom and Bonnie in on the plan as well. Good thing for that!

Bonnie was up and running with all the plans. Her and Molly seemed to be on the phone a lot, so at one point I complained about not being involved enough. . . but then Bonnie would give me a choice about something and I wouldn't really know which one to choose. . . all her ideas seemed great to me! So in the end. . . this is what I was in charge of.


No. . . not the cutlery. . . the buckets! I showed up to Indiana with four pink buckets I stole from the classroom- and that was it! That was my baby shower "to do" list!

Bonnie on the other hand. . . did amazing things. . . she basically brought a whole baby shower in a suitcase. . . I think everyone was pretty impressed!




but let me back up a little. I took Friday off of work, and flew out to Indiana Thursday night. I was flying standby, so of course I didn't go straight to Indiana. I left Vegas around 8 pm and arrived in Indy at about 8:45 am Friday. It was a three leg route, lousy seats, and actual very little down time in airports. . . I just went way out of the way to get to where I wanted to be! But it was free, so I really can't complain there can I??

Mom, Bonnie, and bon's kids arrived the night before from San Diego. Unfortunately, there were car issues, and timing issues, so I didn't actually get picked up until 10:30 am (hence I had time to take random airport redbox pictures).

So Molly and her little welcome crew finally came for me and we were off for quite the busy weekend! Friday we did lots of shopping, and eating, and decorating. I was out sometime in the night, while the others stayed up until 2 in the morning continuing down the list of things to do. On Saturday, we spent the day at home. Some were cooking, others were decorating, and I found my place in the nursery for practically the whole day putting up this tree. . .

Yes, that adorable tree was in fact, over 150 separate pieces to put together. Quite the lengthy process, but it turned out perfect.

The party started Saturday night. Lots of Molly's friends came, and Bryan's parents drove in from Michigan.
It was a pretty splendid evening. She got lots of cute stuff, we played some not too heinous baby games, and ate a ton!



After the guests all went home, we slowly started in on some of the clean up. At one point, Cayd went to the back room to change into his pj's, but came back out wearing some fresh new pants and a shirt announcing that "mom said we aren't going to bed tonight!"

The family had a 5:30 am flight Sunday so someone got the "good" idea that it would probably be easier to stay up all night and sleep on the plane, rather than waking up early. For some odd reason I went with it, realizing later that they got to go and sleep on the plane that morning, on the other hand, Molly and I had to go sit through three hours of church!

Mom and I were the only ones that actually made it to the 4 am wake up time, but Molly got pretty close as well.

And this story kind of fizzles out there. . . Family left, we went to church, came home and ate some lunch, then it was my turn to head out to the airport in the late afternoon. Such a busy busy weekend, but totally worth it!

5 comments:

lee Kelly said...

Thanks Shawna for the post. It is wonderful and we lived it!!!

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Looks like so much fun!! Great job Bonnie, Lee, and Shawna on all the decorations. So cute!! Hopefully Molly got lots of fun stuff.
Jody

Bonnie said...

awesome post Shawna . . . thats for keeping the world posted on our life events :) Love you guys and happy baby shower Mol, you totally deserve it!

Bonnie said...

and i only wish somewhere there was a pict of the cute completed table :(

Terry and Gail said...

What a great party throwing group you four girls are. I love that you all get together to do that kind of stuff. Molly's house is pretty. I love the cake... is Brooklynn going to have a middle name? Cute, cute stuff... awesome sisters and mom and niece and goofy yet great nephew (gotta love Cayden). Love, Aunt Gail