Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Whoops. . . my mistake!

So I have mixed feelings about any of the Dollar Store type places. I mean. . . who in their right mind goes in there and actually buys underwear?? I definitely believe in bargains, and I love being able to buy the puppy a new toy for just a buck, but those kinds of stores sometimes just gross me out.

Being in the profession I am however, it was nine o'clock at night and I found myself in need of a lot of random junk for work tomorrow. Of course when I am looking for stuff for work, I usually need lots of it, and it needs to be pretty dang cheap. Where else can you buy Dominoes, ping pong balls, toothpicks, marshmallows, and mini puzzles all for just a dollar??
So I got into my fancy Dollar store apparel, headed out, and shortly found myself in the company of some other Dollar store shoppers. I filled my basket, got into line, and as I pulled out my money to pay... I noticed my hands. . .


WHAT IN THE WORLD??






I left the store feeling so grossed out and annoyed. Seriously, maybe saving money is not worth it when I literally come out of there dirty!!

So I come home and try to wash my hands of this ink that doesn't seem to want to come off. I pull out the nail polish remover (cuz hey- that takes out everything!) and got my hands pretty decently back to their correct color. . .

Then as I am laying on my bed I notice these purple marks all over my comforter- and not far from these purple marks. . . a chewed up black pen. . .

DANG DOG!!!

......................................................................................
Dear Dollar Store,
I apologize for calling you dirty, when it is actually my own home that seems to be in shambles. Thanks you for all of your wonderful deals. I will be back soon.
Your # 1 Fan,
Shawna

1 comment:

Terry and Gail said...

I am so sorry, Shawna. We love our critters, but that can challenge our lives, our peace and our cleanliness and whom we blame on what. Love, Aunt Gail