Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why Las Vegas is better than Indiana. . .

A little background. . .

Joel is a boy in my class. He moved here from Indiana. He is always talking about Indiana. . .

Our conversation today. . .

Miss Kelly : Hey Joel- guess where I'm going today?

Joel: Where?

Miss Kelly: Indiana!

Joel: Awww. . . you are so lucky!!

Miss Kelly: When did you move away?

Joel: When I was like 4. . . before I started Kindergarten

Miss Kelly: Do you have family there? Do you get to go back often?

Joel: My grandma and grandpa used to live in Pennsylvania. . . but when we moved here, they moved into our old house!

Miss Kelly: cool! Why did you guys move here?

Joel: Well. . . the church was kind of weird there. It was really big and crowded. We had to go on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and Sundays! And the cafeteria was too small. . . there were too many kids. So you had to go on weird days, like Saturday and Sundays.

Miss Kelly: Hmm. . . did you go to a church school?

Joel: Kinda. They had this basement there. You got to eat snacks down there. You also had naps down there everyday. My mom was afraid that I would eat a snack, then take a nap and fall asleep, then I would choke. So we moved to Las Vegas.


hmmmm.. .
Indiana. . . choking capital of the world??

5 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

That's hilarious. Afraid of choking on your food in your sleep? Move to Vegas. haha
Tate

Randi said...

So funny! Have fun in Indiana and I will be in Las Vegas I think the weekend of the 20th and I am planning at least lunch at red robin with my friend Shawna if she will go with me.

Bonnie said...

you have such strange children in your class :)

The Short Family said...

Grayson choked the other day on his vitamin. There may be some truth to what he says.

Terry and Gail said...

When I get bad coughs I take cough drops and suck on them while I sleep. I mean they will last 4 or more hours. I wake up and they are still under my tongue just slowly melting (shows how much saliva slows down while we sleep). Anyway, I have never choked but then I have never lived in Indiana either. What a great story. Love, Gail