Saturday, September 18, 2010

My once in a lifetime opportunity. . .

So I had kind of a busy Saturday planned. I had been out of town last weekend and work was pretty crazy this week, so I was looking forward to getting a bunch of little tasks done today that I have been putting off or just not getting to lately. But then my friend Nephi called me and told me that today, and today ONLY, they were allowing people to walk across the newly constructed Hoover Dam bypass bridge that they have been building for the past couple of years? (Ok. . . I don't really know how long the construction has been going on, but the thing is humongous, so it has to have been quite some time).
Well- I couldn't pass up a one time only opportunity like that, so I agreed to go.

We drive the almost 45 minute or so drive in his little topless, doorless Jeep until he eventually gets sick of all my little glares in his direction and finally makes a little detour at the local CVS to get me a cap and some sunglasses. With that, the rest of the drive was definitely more bearable and a few short minutes later we arrive at the oddly enough, people-less HD Bridge.
"Uh. . . where did you find out about this, and are you sure it's today??"
He claimed to have the flier at home which he knows said Saturday the 18th. I thought that maybe we got there too late, but he was sure that it was going on until 2 pm. So we take a few pictures of the dam (bringing back some awesome childhood memories- ha-ha) and decide to head out to a movie instead.


Below is a picture of the flier I pulled up on my computer.

Stike one. . . it's not October yet
Strike two. . . neither is it the 16th

Better luck next time pal. Maybe that's why girls are better at planning things. . . :)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

too funny! . . . I think I might drive to vegas to attend that spectacular event with you. Oh the childhood memories of that exciting dam :)

Debi said...

Well at least you can plan a month in advance to go to it now! Ha ha! Love Debi

Terry and Gail said...

I was scared just driving by that new bridge. Seriously, I would never want to walk over that. We saw it in the dark during construction last year and it looked almost alien. But more power to you if you are brave enough to walk over it. Maybe Nephi just wanted to see you. What movie did you watch? Put on a happy face!!! Love, Aunt Gail