Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Eight is (still) great!

The day at work seems to fly by in a blur. Then, it's not until after work when sitting around grading papers (the last thing I really want to be doing), I come across something silly that makes me realize why working with 8 year olds can be such fun.

If I had known that "creating monsters" was in a scientist's job description, my life might look a whole lot different right now!













Only do kids still have the simpler wishes in life. It's hard to see, but if Maya had one wish, it would be to meet no one else, but Sonic the Hedgehog.


Oh. . . to be eight again!

3 comments:

The Short Family said...

Haha! I want to be eight again. everything was so simple!

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Funny stuff. I would think grading papers would be the highlight of your day. So, are your parents scientists then?

Tate

Terry and Gail said...

Darling... yes, I love what kids have to say. One day at Primary I was talking to a bunch of kids about how fun it would be to be on Noah's ark and have all those animals (you know when you are a kid you want so many animals). I had all the kids sucked in about how great it would be to be on Noah's ark and then I said, "Okay, what about poop patrol." So we began to discuss how that would be handled and since this was a supernatural thing, one of the children suggested that maybe God would make "that" unnecessary just while they were on the ark!!! Great great solution and you know, God could handle that. Love, Aunt Gail