Friday, December 3, 2010

D is for Diet. . . right?

Apparently I viewed this whole "diet" very differently than Bonnie did.

A definition of the word diet, according to dictionary.com is "the foods eaten, as by a particular person or group." So Shawna's diet right now is consisting of foods starting with the abcs. . . nothing written about losing weight there.

I don't think I had even the smallest of hopes that I would actually lose weight this way. yeah. . . there are some not so exciting food days like X, Y, and Z. . . but when you find something that is good on a particular day and basically get to eat unlimited amounts of that food. . . well that's just asking for trouble!

Today my day consisted of donuts in the morning, some dried apricots, dipped cookies, doritos and a deli sandwich for lunch, dug up some dinosaur fruit snacks for snack time, and got Del Taco for dinner. I got the Del classic chicken burrito. The only way I was able to get around this "D" issue and order my french fries without cheating was by making them the deluxe fries instead. And to top it off, the man who could not speak english at the drive thru window thought I wanted 2 burritos with my deluxe fries instead of just one, so now I have two hours of my "D" day left to down a second Del chicken burrito. We'll see if that happens. And for dessert? Dibs! Yum! (Which I actually snuck for breakfast as well).

I figure my "real" diet can start next month with Molly and our Subway Jerry diet. Afterall, I have to find some way to shed some weight after this whole abc fiasco is over!

happy dieting!

Ps. I took this picture on self timer. I am impressed with Doogle's choosing to be in the photo on his own free will. One of the best pictures I've gotten of the pup and he wasn't supposed to even be in the picture!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

ummm your pretty dang hilarious. . . . and I am glad to know you probably consumed just as many calories as me! I stopped eating at 730 and am still stuffed to the brim . . . good thing for comfy, elastic pjs :)

Debi said...

I am totally with you on the Dibs and eating from Del Taco and ordering the bigger fries. Just remember on the days you get over 2000 calories you may only get 500 calories on the E day diet! Keep having fun. Love Debi

lee Kelly said...

Great picture of Doogle!!

Terry and Gail said...

This will take "holiday eating" to a whole new level. Love, Aunt Gail