Monday, December 20, 2010

T was terrific. . . but U was ULTIMATE!

We had a very nice Sunday. Had some morning toast before heading to church. Had some tacos and toffee for an afternoon snacks. Then mom made a very T friendly meal of tator treats, teryaki chicken, and texas toast! Very random. . . but terrific! We then dug up some trail crunch cookie dough so mom whipped up a batch for dessert! Living with mom can be the greatest!

U day started with a phone call from Bonnie saying that the Uncle Ben's rice pudding she had made the night before, was not the most fabulous breakfast. She asked me to swing by her work with some regular Uncle Ben's rice for lunch since she had to eat her upside down cake for breakfast instead. So I grabbed the kids, and a slice of breakfast (upside down cake too) and headed out with a tub of some Uncle Ben's rice. The kids and I met mom for a lovely day of Christmas shopping when I decided that a fatty bowl of rice was not exactly what I was in the mood for. So. . . I talked Bonnie into disguarding Uncle Ben and instead, we headed over to our favorite little mexican place Diego's where we kindly asked them to make us some "Ultimate" nachos. The lady kind of laughed at us, but did what was asked of her and for our amusement, referred to our super nachos as "ultimate nachos" for the rest of our visit.

Aubrey went to a birthday party tonight, so Bonnie, Cayden and I, went and got some Ultimate cheeseburger (minus the cheese) meals from Jack in the Box and stuffed em into Bon's purse to enjoy during our Yogi Bear movie that we were headed to.


Even with our ultimate jack meals in tow, the beautiful movie theatre popcorn smell just kept calling my name! Finally Bon quit listening to my pathetic whining about needing popcorn, and she hopped into line where we ordered an Ultimate popcorn bucket. She even let me get butter on it! I must say, Yogi Bear was probably 10X better with that glorious popcorn!

After the movie, I was pretty much stuffed to the max, but when Bonnie began snacking on the leftover "ultimate" Kelly Green Santa Shamrock Mudpie . . . I did indeed snag a few bites as well!
Can we say. . . cheaters??

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

yes, Ultimate Cheaters :)

Terry and Gail said...

I think you both are the rule makers... manage it anyway you want. I love some rice puddings- but I am not very good at making them. If good, they are to me really satisfying. And the Yogi Bear movie was good? Are the cartoons on television any more. I used to laugh at those. I do remember when they changed Yogi's voice and Booboo's voice- I loved the originals and it was never the same to me again. Funny the things one can sometimes remember. Love, Aunt Gail

Randi said...

I agree with Bonnie. There was definitely some cheating going on and you guys are so close to finishing.

Debi said...

I love you cheaters! Ha ha! I love the ultimate popcorn. You have to have popcorn with a movie. I am in Pocatello with family too. Yeah for holidays with family. Love Debi